Chapter 9

"What shows and movies are you into?" Daisy asks me, shoving her hands into the pockets of her crop faux leather bomber jacket.

We have been walking towards our university for our first lecture for about 5 minutes now whilst asking random questions to get to know each other better.

"I don't really watch movies or series if I'm honest. Like, I only watch tv to see football. The only recent series that I watched and like are money heist and stranger things," I say, stopping at a zebra crossing and watching her press the button.

"I like those two as well although for money heist I didn't really enjoy the last two seasons," she says turning to look at me.

"I like all seasons weirdly enough cause they're so unexpected. I'm always thinking who the fuck is going to die next, let's go," I say, placing a hand on her back, pushing her gently forward to cross the road.

"That's exactly what I don't like about them. I can't handle watching my favourite characters die," she says, adjusting her shoulder bag.

"What series do you like?" I ask.

"Ever since I was little I used to watch all sorts of crime series from CSI: Miami to Hawaii five-0 and then NCIS: Los Angeles which I still watch here and there," she says, tucking some hairs behind her ear.

"Are there any other sports that you play?" She asks.

"Apart from boxing I sometimes play football with the boys, you?" I say.

"No, I'm not a sporty person although I did start exercising a bit lately and I do want to learn self-defence one day," she says, looking down at the concrete floor.

"Maybe I can teach you a few moves one day," I say, watching her brush her palm on her black straight leg jeans.

"That'll be cool actually," she says, turning to look at me with a smile that showcases her pearly white teeth.

"One day it is then," I mumble.

"Where did you get this scar?" She asks, touching the scar on my eyebrow as we wait at yet another zebra crossing.

"I got it when I was 17. It was when I still wasn't really any good at boxing and did a match with a guy and at some point, he punched me in the face and I fell to the side hitting my eyebrow on a stool that was just sitting there."

"Ouch, must have hurt," she says winching.

"Like hell, we're passing," I say, bringing her attention back on the road.

"What type of music do you listen to?" She asks, not wasting another second to ask me a different question.

"I listen to some older classic rock songs but in more recent years I listen a lot to Sam Tinnesz he's my favourite, imagine dragons and the Weeknd mostly, you?" I say, looking at her nod along to my answer.

"I like those artists as well, although I mainly listen to Halsey, Dua Lipa, Bishop Briggs, Bebe Rexha just to name a few and from bands mainly 5sos and the fray," she says.

"Good taste in music," I comment.

"Thank you and apart from those I just pretty much listen to whatever I like," she says smiling.

"Okay, I have a couple of my own questions now," I say, looking around as we pass by little vintage stores and charity shops as well as coffee shops.

"I'm all ears, fire up," she says excitedly.

"What's your favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink?"

"And you can't list tea cause I already know you like that," I say, before she starts giving me her answer.