Chapter 51

I pull down my ribbed black bodycon full sleeve dress as it keeps riding up when I'm sitting. It's been a bit over a week since my first argument with Theo and thankfully things continue to go smoothly just like before that day.

Our second semester started earlier this week and we definitely need time to get back into that routine. The first week of lectures was boring and just covered the basics for our assignments. Hence why we came out for a drink, we all needed it to relax.

I watch as Thomas affectionately runs his hand in Amelia's hair watching her with a permanent smile on his face. Miles sits across me looking bored as usual, swirling the liquid in his glass. Caleb is half slumped on the table next to us, resting his head on one hand as the other holds his glass.

Theo's strong hand holds my waist as he had me sit on his lap tonight while I have one arm around his shoulders, holding my drink with the other hand.

We came to a small quiet cheap bar for beers, on a Saturday night. Is a nice place regardless with not that many people and has a lovely retro vibe to it.

"So, who else is thinking of dropping out?" Caleb asks, breaking the peaceful silence that took over a couple of minutes ago.

"Me," Miles says, clinking his glass with his.

"Come on you guys is not that bad," Amelia says, making all of the boys turn to look at her with straight faces.

"Jesus, you guys are acting like this from now? Wait until we reached our third year," Amelia says, taking a sip of her drink.

"Yeah, she's right," I say, clinking our glasses together.

"You say that cause you're a good student, what can we say," Theo says, squeezing my waist.

"I say you're a good student as well and you have a pretty good private teacher," I say, turning my head to the side, smiling at him.

"Aint that the truth," he says, looking at me whilst smiling. 

"I'll go get a refill, you want more?" I ask Theo but he shakes his head.

I stand up and walk to the bar, leaning on the counter as I wait for the bartender to finish the previous order.

"Hey," someone says, making me turn my head to the side.

A boy that I've never met before sits at the stool looking at me with a smile. He has blue eyes, brown hair and thin lips.

"Hi," I say softly, turning my attention back at the bartender.

"Mind if I treat you to a drink?" He asks, never losing that smile of his.

"If you don't mind me taking it and drinking it with my date," I say, shrugging whilst smiling.

He chuckles and shakes his head, his smile widening.

"I actually don't mind, may I?" He asks, motioning to my empty glass.

"You may," I say, giving it to him as he gets the bartender's attention.

"A refill please for the lady," he says, throwing a glance at me.

Once my glass is filled with alcohol again he turns and hands me it.

"Good luck with your date," he says, tapping his fingertips on the counter.

"Thank you, have a nice night," I say smiling.

"You too," I hear him say as I turn my back and go back to our table.

"Yeah, it wasn't anything spectacular we just talked a bit and got to know each other at dinner," I hear Caleb say as I reach the table.