Chapter 15

Theo's P.O.V

It's October 23rd today and exactly one and a half months ago I met Daisy.

Living across from each other and studying the same subject has really helped us grow our bond quicker than usual. We see each other almost every day because of that and even if we don't see each other for a day we text all the time.

We sometimes eat lunch together, we do laundry together and more recently she started helping me out a bit with our upcoming assignment. I'm not going to lie I'm a little stressed about it, we only have a month to do it.

"You know I've been thinking of how to pay you back for all you're help," I start saying, taking her attention away from her laptop.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not doing this to get something from you," she says, shaking her head slightly.

"Yeah I know that but it would make me feel better if I give something back to you and I thought of something that we'll even help strengthen our friendship," I say, watching as her eyebrows furrow.

"What is it then?" She asks, curious to find out.

"Each time you help me, you get to choose one of my bigger tattoos to find out the meaning," I say.

"Are you sure? You did say to me recently that they're very personal to you," she says, leaning a bit forward watching me.

"And that's why it will help you understand me a little bit better," I say.

She doesn't say anything, she's just studying me trying to see if I'm lying.

"I'm sure, I wouldn't be offering this if I wasn't," I say, looking at her in the eyes.

"Fine then, I'll take that paycheck," she says smiling.

"Why don't you take it now, it can be our break," I say, lifting my short sleeve higher on my shoulder.

"Fine, but then we return to studying," she says pointing her finger at me.

"I'll explain first the three smaller tattoos that I have cause they don't really have that much meaning behind them," I say, looking over my fully tattooed right arm.

"See this," I turn to the side to face her, bringing my arm closer to her whilst pointing at the tattoo on the inside of my wrist.

"Yeah, the word brave," she says touching my wrist.

"Yeah, I got it to remind myself to face unpleasant situations and whatever obstacle life throws at me with courage," I say, lifting my finger higher to the acceptance word tattoo beneath my elbow.

"This one I got because I used to and still do in some ways have a hard time accepting certain situations, is like a constant reminder to do exactly that, accept," I say, seeing her nodding along.

"And the final smaller one is this dove," I say, pulling down the collar of my t-shirt so the tattoo under my collarbone is visible.

"What's the meaning of this?" She asks, touching it.

"It resembles hope. I hope that one day I'll achieve my dreams, my wants and it's also my mum's favourite bird," I say, looking outside the window as I explain.

"So, it's also a tattoo for her," she says as I turn my head back to face her.

"Yeah, it kinda is," I say smiling tight.

"Anyway, now it's your turn. Choose a tattoo that you want to find out its meaning," I say, twisting my arm so she can see better all of them.

"I want to know about this one," she says, pointing at the boy holding a mask in front of his face tattoo on my upper arm.

"Why did you choose this one," I say biting my lip.

"I feel like that one is the most important of them all and that I'll really learn something about you," she says, looking into my hazel eyes.

She's right, this is the most personal tattoo on my body, she's smart.

"This boy represents me in my teenagehood," I start saying.

Her finger tracing the tattoo helps me keep calm.

"I had a difficult time opening up and explaining my feelings. I felt like I couldn't be myself around people and I was constantly putting on this mask around everyone acting as if I was fine when I wasn't. I tried to fake it till I make it but I quickly realize that with happiness that strategy doesn't work," I say, keeping my eyes on her fingers touching my skin.

"Why were you closed off?" She asks.

"There was a certain moment in my life where everything turn upside down, and things change and so I've changed as a result. I didn't know how to communicate my feelings to people anymore. I was afraid that by explaining my negative emotions that I was burdening my friends or ruining their mood," I say, watching her lift her gaze on mine.

"Are you better now?" She asks, looking worried.

"I'm in a much better place now, don't worry. Surrounding myself with people that I like and know care about me along with boxing really helped me," I say smiling at her, seeing a small smile rising on her face as well.

"I'm happy to hear that and thank you for opening up about that chapter of your life," she says, letting go of my arm.

"No need to thank me, I enjoyed speaking about it to you," I say.

"You know this makes me even more curious now to find out about the rest," she says.

"All it due time, patience Daisy," I say, pointing at the tattoo on her arm.

"Funny," she says rolling her eyes.

"So I guess it's a deal then right?" I ask, smirking.

"Yeah, deal," she extends her hand towards me and I take it, shaking it.

"Now, breaks over! Let's get back to studying," she says, sitting better on the chair.

"Ugh, do we have to?" I groan throwing my head back.

"Yes," she says.

"So brutal," I say closing my eyes for a second, hearing her scoff.

"You haven't seen me be brutal, trust me," she says, making me first open one eye and turn to look at her before I open the other.

"Oh, really? Should I be scared of that version of yourself?" I ask, leaning closer to her.

"Terrified," she whispers, leaning closer to me as well, looking at me as I smirk.

"Lucky that I have a side like that too then," I whisper back.

"Very lucky indeed," she says, nodding her head whilst looking back at her laptop.

Why am I liking this girl so much?

A/N

Why is he liking this girl so much, do you guys know?

What do you think happened in his past that turned everything upside down for him?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for the next one on Sunday so, I'll see you guys next year! 😂

I hope you all have a great new year's eve and day and I'm hoping that 2022 will be a better year for everyone, wishing you all the best! ❤️

Stay safe, healthy & strong, please! Xx

Don't forget to comment & vote, it helps me out a lot and I appreciate all the support ❤️

All the love - M ❤️