Chapter 7

"It's chilly," I say, shivering as I tuck my coat closer to my body.

"When isn't it chilly, especially at night here?" He says, walking by my side with his hands in his pockets.

The streets light illuminating on his face makes the green in his eyes pop, even more, they're pretty.

"When we have heatwave for a week twice a year," I say making him chuckle.

"It's still chilly at night," he says, raising an eyebrow.

"Whatever I was looking hot tonight so, " I randomly say shrugging.

"Was? You still look hot, the night hasn't ended," he says, turning to look at me.

"That's what I said," I say, struggling to walk on this rocky road.

"Are you good?" He asks me chuckling.

"Yeah, why are you asking?"

"Cause you're suddenly walking like a fish outside of water," he says, making me reach my hand out to slap his arm although, I did miss his arm.

"Can you walk on those heels?" He adds.

"Of course I can walk on these heels! Have you not seen the moves I busted on the dance floor on these heels? You were right behind me," I say loudly.

"Oh, I've definitely seen those moves," he mumbles looking at me.

"It's not my fault this road isn't straight," I say pointing at the ground.

"First of all, you're walking on the pavement and the road is straight," he says.

"Are you joking, are these rocks straight?" I yell.

"You're so dumb when you're drunk," he says wrapping an arm around me, helping me walk on this rocky pavement.

"I'm not drunk," I shout, instantly shaking my head.

"I mean I'm not dumb," I correct myself and start laughing.

"I can tell," Theo says before chuckling.

"Shut up," I say trying to hide my face in my hair.

"Okay, okay I'll stop, now let me focus on taking you home unscratched," he says, holding me tightly close to his warm body.

"Are we close?" I ask suddenly after a few minutes.

"Yeah, just about 5 minutes away why?" He says turning to look at me.

"Beauce I want to take off these heels, they're starting to hurt me," I say.

"There are boots but anyway, can you hang out for 5 more minutes or is it too painful?" He asks.

"Too painful for that," I say before putting my hand over my mouth yawing.

"The ground is dirty though," he mumbles.

"I don't care it's only 5 minutes," I say, stopping to bend down and take them off.

"Do you want me to carry you?"

"Oh, no I'll just walk. I'll be fine thank you," I say sighing with relief as I wiggle my toes.

"Okay, give me those, here," he says, taking the boots off my hands with one hand whilst keeping the other at my back.

After a little while, I find myself riding the elevator up to our floor whilst hugging my boots close to my chest, standing next to Theo.

I had a blast tonight, Theo and his friends seem so lovely and funny. I can't wait for when we'll all meet up, it's going to be so much fun.