Chapter 64

The light breeze cools down the heat given by the rare appearance of the sun. The birds chirp as they fly above us free from commitments. May is one of my favourite months as it's not too cold but not too warm either and the flowers blossom and so do the strawberries.

It's been 3 months since Valentine's Day and things have been going smoothly apart from hectic essay submissions but now it's finally over for the year. We submitted our last essay two days ago and now we came here for strawberry picking to celebrate, just the two of us.

It's also kind of our little date.

Theo quickly realized how much I love strawberries and went online to find out when it's their month and where are places like this where we could come and grab them for ourselves.

I really appreciate him trying to be romantic sometimes for my sake. I know it's not really his thing but he does it anyway cause he knows I like this stuff.

In true Daisy nature, I had to dress up, excusing it as it's for our date. I also really wanted to wear this dress that Theo got for me recently.

It's a red strappy satin midi-length dress with a thigh-high split on the side, letting the wind slightly push it aside to expose my leg. I paired it with black little kitten-heeled sandals.

A pair of warm lips touching mine make me open and squint my eyes as the sunlight blinds me.

I tilt my head up and smile at Theo who's standing in front of me, holding a clear basket with a white ribbon around it in one hand.

"Are you alright, baby?" He asks, brushing my hair back and off my shoulders.

He's wearing a plain black graphic t-shirt loosely tucked in his black trousers paired with black boots. Around his neck are his dad's military dog tags and another silver chain necklace.

"Yeah, I'm good, let's pick some more," I say, checking our basket before leaning up on my tiptoes to kiss him gently.

"You know, I've been thinking about seeing a therapist again," he says, making me stop in my tracks.

"Really?" I ask, smiling softly at him.

"Yeah, would you go with me?" He asks me.

"Of course I will," I say, grabbing his hand and squeezing it.

"Good, thank you," he says before leaning in to kiss me briefly.

Walking with heels on the uneven ground isn't the most comfortable but I manage to keep my ass off the ground. We walk further down, checking to only grab the fully ripe ones that are a true red colour and are big and juicy looking.

Halfway, through our picking when a particularly cold breeze hit me, Theo, like the gentleman he sometimes is, lend me his biker jacket when he saw me shivering.

"Where do you see us five years from now?" He suddenly asks me, turning to look at me as I reach up to pluck another strawberry.

"I see us graduating and finishing our studies, hopefully, we'll have a decent job as well. I see us still being together and loving each other like never before and I see us living in an apartment with no kids yet," I say, inspecting the strawberry whilst regularly glancing at him.

"Nice," he mumbles smiling softly.

"You? Where do you see us?" I ask, biting my lip.

"I see us as what you said but I also see us saving money for our dream house and potentially with a child on the way. I also see us still having fun with our friends and me bonding more with my family while you with your dad," he says smiling.