Chapter 54

Daisy's P.O.V

"Has George reached out to you at all after that talk?" Abi asks, taking a bite of her Mediterranean food.

"He did actually, two days ago but I haven't responded to him yet," I say before taking a bite and chewing slowly as I let my gaze wander around the taverna.

This Greek tavern is really pretty and cosy. It has brick walls, sleek black tables and chairs, big prints decorating the walls of Greek places and beautiful hanging lanterns on each side with dry flowers and sticks attached to the light grey ceiling with fairy lights tangled in them. The food is so yummy as well, it really feels like a small taste of Greece.

"Why didn't you respond?" Caleb asks before taking a big bite of his food.

"Because I'm still considering his offer," I say, grabbing my glass and taking a sip.

"What offer?" Abi asks.

"Offer to grab a coffee to talk and clear the air," I say, dusting a few crumbs off my black one-shoulder top.

"Well, we saw how that ended last time," Caleb says, rolling his eyes.

"I know, that's why I'm still thinking it," I say, letting out a sigh and leaning back on my chair, getting more comfortable.

"A part of me wants us to kind of walk away on a good note because you know, he was my first in a lot of things and we did have good memories as well," I start saying.

"But," Caleb states, raising an eyebrow.

"But on the other hand, last time we parted on even worse terms, but I think his intentions are what screw that conversation up," I say, taking a sip of my drink.

"I hate that I kinda agree with you on that," Caleb says, making Abi turn and look at him with wide eyes.

"You do?" She asks.

"Yeah, cause the first time he wanted closure, aka wanted to throw some blame onto her to feel better. This time, it feels like maybe he wants to just say sorry and have a nice life," he says, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah, I don't think this conversation is going to last more than ten minutes," I say, shaking my head.

"Well, you do you," Abi says, taking another bite of her food.

My eyes linger on Abi a bit cause she's been acting a bit weird ever since we came here. She was the one that invited us out for lunch today, just us three, she didn't ask anyone else in our group. She must want to discuss something important with us but she hasn't said a word yet.

"Abi," I call out to her.

"Yeah?" She asks, looking at me as if she was in a daze.

"Just spill it out," I say and that cracks her.

"I hooked up with him again," Abi suddenly spills, making me freeze as Caleb leaves his utensils drop on the plate.

Definitely what we didn't want to hear again, like ever!

"Why on earth would you do that?" Caleb asks with furrowed eyebrows as I swallow my food.

"I don't know," she says, sighing, resting her elbows on the table with her head in her hands.

"Abi, there's a reason why you two keep going off and that's because of his easy jealous stupid ass that gets aggressive because of it, in case you forgot," I say sternly.

She has been in this on and off relationship with Jayden for like two years.

"You need to have higher standards Abi," Caleb tells her, lifting his glass up to his mouth, taking a big sip.

"Why are you selling yourself short? Cause that's what you're doing with this guy," I say, leaning back on my chair, keeping an arm on the table and the other in my lap.

"I'm not, I just...ugh!" She groans, rubbing her forehead with her fingers.

"You deserve someone that treats you better," Caleb says, sounding tired and honestly so do I.

"You've been there, you tried it and it didn't work, so now you need to move on," I say, picking up my glass and wrapping my lip around the rim, I let the cold refreshing drink trickle down my throat.

"The problem is that we have such great sexual chemistry together," She says, looking down at her plate.

"But that's the only thing you have," I say, looking at her with wide eyes.

Like it honestly blows my mind that after everything, she's still stuck with him.

"Look, we've been over this time and time again, we've been saying the same things to you over and over and I honestly don't know what else to tell you or do to help you," I say, reaching and grabbing her hand across the table.

"Daisy is right, for how long do we have to keep having the same conversations for you to get it through your thick skull that this guy is trash, utter trash," Caleb says, shaking his head.

She doesn't say anything, she just keeps her gaze down at her lap.

"You say you know that he's bad for you but you keep going back," I say, getting frustrated with her and the whole situation.

"We've tried to help you move on, we've tried to help you see how bad he was for you but nothing seems to be working to the extent that we want to," I say, keeping my gaze on her.

"Frankly, I don't think theirs anything else we can do to help you, it's all on you now. You're the only one that can help yourself if you truly want to at this point, I'm sorry," I say, squeezing her hand before letting her go and leaning back against my chair.

"If you don't truly want to be helped then nothing we say or do will help you, and it does seem that you have been basically rejecting our help," Caleb says, shaking his head as he looks down on his hands.

"I want your help, I want to get over him and close that chapter. I want to find someone better, someone, that loves and treats me right. I know that what I have with him is unhealthy and toxic and I'm ashamed for giving in this toxicity for so long," she says, licking her lips.

"I feel like I've been addicted to drugs or something with him," she mumbles.

"That's because you like him and are afraid to move on, but it's time you do so Abi. It's time for you to put yourself first," I say, watching her nod her head in agreement.

"Right, new chapter! No more Jayden, no more giving in, more moving on," she says, raising her glass up.

"Cheers to that," I say as we clink our glasses with each other.

Time to let people stay in the past and move on.

A/N

Don't go back to your toxic ex everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for the next one as things go slightly downhill...👀😬

Please don't forget to comment & vote ❤️

I hope you all have a great day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️