Chapter 29

The wooden floor creaks underneath the sole of my shoe as I wander further into the flat.

There are two small forest green sofas with a wooden coffee table between them, sitting on top of a large cream rug and a Tv on top of a wooden console.

The big windows on the side showcase the constructions happening behind the building, which reminds me why Thomas and Amelia keep the blinds shut most of the time.

I turn around to go back to the dining and kitchen area where Miles is helping Thomas prepare the table. The table is originally made for four people to sit, two on each side but with a bit of squeezing here and there, we'll fit.

The flat is small but cosy, for two people is enough.

"It's a nice place," Liam says, coming out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, for our first place together is good," Thomas says with a small smile on his face as he brings the last plate of food on the table.

"How is that one?" Miles ask pointing with his chin to Aaron sitting on the sofa.

He hasn't talked to any of us since that night and the minute he came through that door tonight he just sat there sulking. Obviously, things didn't go well with Zoe, I don't think any of us was expecting otherwise.

"Don't know, he hasn't said anything yet," Liam says, pulling a chair out and sitting down.

"Aaron," Thomas yells, breaking him out of his daydream.

"Oh, yeah I'm coming," he says, slowly standing up and sitting down close to Liam with a sigh as I go sit next to Miles.

"How you're holding up?" Liam asks, patting him on the back.

"I'm not holding," he says, placing his chin on his palm.

"That bad with Zoe?" I ask, checking the time on my phone.

"I didn't tell Zoe yet, that's why I'm like this."

Liam physically cringes at his words as the rest of us start cursing him.

"Dude what the fuck?!" Thomas yells at him, through grinding teeth.

"Fuck sake!" I say leaning back on my chair, we're not eating tonight.

"You got to be kidding me," Miles mumbles, running his hands over his face.

"Fucking idiot," I mumble.

I was looking forward to this dinner especially the dessert I brought.

"I just couldn't do it, I don't know how to tell her," he says, voice slightly shaky.

"You do know that she's coming tonight, right?" Liam asks, looking at him with wide eyes.

"Yeah, fuck I know that and I'm sorry that I'm kind of ruining the mood here," Aaron says, looking apologetically towards Thomas.

"Kind of? This place is about to be a bloodbath in a few minutes," Thomas says, raising his voice while throwing his hands in his lap as eyebrows furrow.

"Is she on her way?" Aaron asks.

"Of course, she's on her way she's with-" The door opening cuts him off.

"Amelia," Thomas says, looking at her.

Amelia walks towards us with a fuming Zoe behind her. Zoe's face looks almost disfigured with grind teeth, flared nostrils and eyebrows furrow.

"Oh, fuck," I whisper under my breath.

She definitely knows what went on and she didn't find it through Aaron which makes it ten times worse.

"You son of a bitch!" She screams at him, rushing towards him but Amelia catches her in time and pulls her across the table from him.

"Kissing another girl and then coming back to my place to fuck me!"

My jaw drops at her words.

"Fucking hell Aaron," Thomas says, running his hands over his face, shaking his head.

"Who do you think you are, huh? Asshole!" She yells, toning her vocals down just a tiny bit.

"Why did you tell her? You knew she was going to tell her," Liam asks Thomas.

"I couldn't keep it from her," Thomas says, defending himself.

"Why did you tell her? I wanted to be the one to tell her," Aaron says to Amelia that scoffs at his words.

"You two are not going to throw this on him or me. You had two days to tell her and you didn't, and I, as a true friend of hers did what I had to and let her know," Amelia says, pointing her finger at them.

"Want to get out of here?" Miles whispers to me.

"Tempting," I say back.

"Why didn't you tell me huh? You fucking coward!" She screams at him.

"And you all?" She yells, turning around like a wild animal.

"What we're you all doing? Did you condemn his behaviour or cheer him on? Since it was a lads night," She ask us, shifting her gaze between all of us, lips tightly pressed together.

"Zoe, I don't see any income coming in my bank account from you," Thomas says as she turns her head towards him glaring. 

"If you want me to be his babysitter, you have to pay me," he adds making her clench her jaw, clearly not liking getting attitude back.

"We should grab the dessert on our way out," I whisper to Miles.

"Definitely and the wine," he says, nodding his head.

"Shut up Thomas!" She snaps at him, making Amelia glare at her.

"Zoe, cut it! Keep your anger at him that cheated on you," Amelia says sternly.

Man, if this was a reality TV, I'll give it a solid seven out of ten but now, I'll give it a minus 2, cause it's my friends and I'm hungry as well. 

"If you two are going to be at each other's throats all night leave and go have that talk you should've had days ago," Thomas says, pointing at the door before sighing as he leans on the table.

"Fine," Zoe says, walking towards the front door with Aaron running behind her.

"Zoe wait!" He shouts as the door closes behind them.

Suddenly everything is so quiet in here and I decide to break the ice by putting food on my plate.

"The free performance that came with the meal was horrible so, let's see the food now," I say, making Amelia and Liam chuckle.

"You decorated the flat nicely Amelia," Miles says serving himself food.

"Thank you," she says, sitting down next to Thomas.

"Well, let's not waste all this food and the rest of our time," Liam says, picking up his utensils.

"Yeah, now it's between them," Thomas says as we all start eating and talking about anything else but Aaron and Zoe.

I did think it would be a shitshow tonight and indeed it was a shitty show.

A/N

What a shitshow! 👀😬

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for the next one tomorrow as Chloe and Theo spend some... quality time together...👀😏

Please don't forget to comment & vote ❤️

I hope you all have a great day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️