ch12

12. Equipment Change

Stuffed and satisfied, the three of them picked at their teeth and lazed under the relaxing afternoon sun.

"I'm guessing Lucky's luck must be very good. After this, we must bring you along any time we farm for an item."

"Hehe. Mn."

"But you really should hurry and raise your levels. It's hard for a healer at the start. You either party up or you just grind at Undead regions. Once you hit the second job change, you'd get Holy Light (Single-target attack. 150% damage to Undead and 80% to other monsters). You can farm anything then. Once you're there, we'll bring you as whenever we grind. You can leech some Exp or something.

"Mn, mn."

"Also, you mustn't be too frugal with your money. Change into good equipment. Then you'd grind at double the efficiency. Don't keep wearing the garbage the game gives out. You are the lucky cat."

"Mn, mn = ="

"Aah, so boring. Why are you and NonMeta so reserved? This is me caring for you. What can you say except for 'mn'? Come, chirp for big brother here."

"Chirp = =+"

"Pfft. Fine. I give up." CopperPlateKing laughed and sprawled out all over the table.

"Time for class." NonMeta pulled CopperPlate up by the neck.

"Tch. It's already so late. I really want to skip class. Lucky, we've got classes at night, so we'll be getting off to have dinner first."

"Class..."

"Yup. Do you not have classes? Speaking of which, I don't know how old you are still. You look younger than me, so first year in university?"

"I don't go to school...19 years old." Bai XiaoYu dipped his head to where no one could take a good look at his face.

"Eh? Why?"

"..."

"Offline." NonMeta kicked CopperPlate.

"You damned..." Bastard. CopperPlateKig swallowed back the last word as he suddenly realised what NonMeta meant was for him to stop questioning it. Everyone has their own secrets.

"Well, I'm going. Lucky, work hard at your levels."

"Mn. Bye."

The beams of light flashed by and then there was only XiaoYu left at the table.

Classes...It's only been a year of no classes but why do those days feel so far away? Perhaps deep down inside he was still afraid of being lonely. Though he never interacted much with the other students back then, just sitting by the side and watching them fool around was enough.

XiaoYu let out a deep sigh and raised his head. His two hands patted himself on the cheeks, "Alright. Cheer up."

"Meow~" The little cat had been sitting on XiaoYu's shoulders. Upon detecting its owner's rippling emotions, it stuck out its tiny pink tongue and softly licked at his cheek in comfort.