ch41

41. Everybody Join In

When I_Am_A_Poor_Man arrived at the West Gate of Serica, he saw XiaoYu hiding in a corner from the sand blowing through the air. Perhaps it was just a trick of the mind, but he somehow saw two ghostly wisps floating above XiaoYu's head. Was he still upset over what happened yesterday?

"You're here really early, Lil Lucky," I_Am_A_Poor_Man greeted.

"Mn. You're here early too, Big Brother Poor," XiaoYu replied.

"What is it?"

"Can Profession NPCs go on holiday?" After taking hits on both his Job and Profession, XiaoYu had given up and just set up a stall on the streets the entire afternoon. He also browsed the forums the whole time.

"Huh? How can that be? You went over to Yang Yue's Restaurant?"

"Mn. The manager said Chef Zhao was on leave due to some business back home."

"Something like that actually happened? It's probably because there are too few newbies. He's gone home to tend to his farms. You can try asking around if there are any other Chef Profession NPCs."

"Mn."

"Hey, Lucky, can I call you Xiao-Yu just like Chief does?"

"Sure."

"Hee-hee. You've actually been calling me by my name since the start. My name is Qiong," saying so, he wrote down the character on XiaoYu's palm.

"I see."

"What are you doing?" HereticKing saw Poor_Man talking and holding XiaoYu's hand from a distance. He ignored the slight upset he felt at the sight deep down.

"Hey, Chief. You're here pretty early too," Poor_Man said.

"Meow." Waves paw.

"Morning."

"Morning. Why do you look so down? Did you eat a proper meal?" HereticKing asked.

"I did. It's just I couldn't find the Profession NPC." XiaoYu briefly retold his attempt to learn a Profession.

"It's fine. Perhaps you might encounter a hidden Profession." HereticKing recalled back when he didn't care about Professions. There would be plenty of everything in the guild anyway. He didn't think that dragging the choice out would let him meet the Poison Maker NPC.

There was still some time left before the hurricanes ended. The trio sought a shaded alcove to continue their chat.

"Xiao-Yu, which city are you in?" I_Am_A_Poor_Man asked as he recalled the gathering he mentioned wanting to organise during the day.

"S City." XiaoYu replied.

"Oh? What a coincidence. We're in the same city. We plan on organising a real-life meetup once we take down Prole-3. You're always free on the weekends, right?" Even if they weren't in the same city, public transportation was so developed that just going across the globe would only take mere hours.

"..."

"What is it? You have plans?" Poor_Man asked.