ch75

75. Living Together

It was obvious to everyone in the car that XiaoYu was greatly disturbed this time. XiaoYu was left to curl up in a couch in QiYao's home. He sat there for a full half-hour before he finally regained his strength.

During this whole time. QiYao stayed by XiaoYu's side, except for the brief period of time when he had to direct the professional movers on where to install XiaoYu's gaming pod. Even without being able to walk around, the two did plenty during these thirty minutes.

They ordered their takeaway to be delivered during lunch, the groceries they needed for dinner that night and any spice or seasoning they lacked. QiYao's kitchen was just a lavish display after all.

"Thank you, Yao," said XiaoYu.

"If you really want to thank me, then you'll be in charge of washing the dishes tonight."

"Huh?" XiaoYu had been feeling awkward. He didn't know how he should face QiYao after the episode. Now, confusion replaced any unease he felt. He looked up into QiYao's eyes to find them sparkling clearly with laughter. Only then did he realised he was being "bullied" again.

Such a flabbergasted look on XiaoYu really gave one the strongest urge to just pounce on him. Fortunately, QiYao remembered there were outsiders present in his home just then. He merely smiled and pulled the other man over to ruffle his hair.

Meanwhile, Qiong was in a state of great depression. He could be considered a guest too, sort of. Why is it the master of the house was allowed to slack off while he had to be in charge of supervising the movers? He could understand the act early on.

XiaoYu still couldn't stand and walk yet. But then the two eventually moved on to a tour of the house. Hand in hand, they merely glanced in the room where he was. Before he could even greet XiaoYu, Chief pulled him away. >皿<

There were three floors to QiYao's mansion, with a similar-sized private garage next to it. QiYao didn't lead XiaoYu there. He didn't want his precious one to be traumatised again on the very same day.

Finally, XiaoYu's gaming pod was installed and the workers left. The three who'd been working hard the whole morning gathered in the luxurious living room to savour their...takeaways.

"Hm? Why are there so many bottles here? Seasonings?"

"Yeah. We'll need them for tonight."

Qiong shot a glance at QiYao. This pampered and posh Chief clearly wouldn't know how to use these. "XiaoYu, you know how to cook?" Qiong asked.

"A little."

"Hee-hee. You wouldn't mind if I stayed for dinner, right?"

"Sure. What do you like?"

"As long as there's meat, I'm fine." One must know their limits. Just look at Chief's face. It's turned so much the moment Qiong mentioned the word "stay". If Qiong tried to ask for any dish, he would've been kicked out by now.

Qiong was determined to stay, even with his Chief's death glare boring holes into him. He didn't want to be a third wheel, but he was very curious about XiaoYu's cooking skills. Even if Qiong was a chef in the game, he just had to dump the ingredients required by the recipe into the pot and the dish was cooked. In real life, he was completely useless at cooking.