ch16

16. The So-Called Luck in Quests

"Ugh. Chief, you smiled. How ominous." I_Am_A_Poor_Man rubbed at his goose bumps.

"Gods. Poorie, come pinch me. Am I dreaming?" Shooting_Chang'e_From_Below_The_Moon's eyes were as big as plates and his jaw dropped. His whole expression could only be described as "Error: cannot compute".

"Okay."

Bang!

"Ouch. That hurts. Why did you hit me with your book?"

HereticKing ignored his two lively subordinates and continued the glorious task of deleting messages.

He just knew he'd receive all sorts of rubbish messages from random strangers as soon as the server-wide announcement rang out. Some mocked him, some congratulated him...It irritated him to the extreme. He originally intended to end it all by putting his messaging and whispers settings to "Friends Only" but then he spotted a familiar name while skimming through the list - LuckyCat.

When he opened up LuckyCat's message, he saw only two simple words but they conveyed so much more sincerity than those flowery nonsensical messages.

In a glance, his mood instantly turned for the better. He didn't think that little guy would still remember him. He replied to that message only and deleted the rest. But since his mood was better now, those annoying messages weren't so annoying now. With a tap, one message was destroyed. It's easier than killing monsters.

"What a pity. If it wasn't because of that committee meeting for something or what-not, Chief would be the first to hit Level 100. That Wings dude was lucky."

Wings, full name Angel Wings, was one of the top guilds in the server. GloryOfTheWorld was Wings's Guild Leader. Initially, Wings and HereticKing's guild, Heretic Demons, didn't interact much. However, one had a righteous name and the other had an evil name so the first reactions players had were that they were rivals.

Add on the fact that large guilds always have issues with the others snatching grinding spots or bosses, the situation became tense. The more such situations were talked about, the more fantastical such issues became. Now, these two guilds became actual rivals.

"But the top 3 guild's Guild Leaders all reached Level 100 at nearly the same time. I suspect it was intentionally made so by the game," Below_The_Moon who had switched back to the main topic deduced.

"There might not only be 3. They just won't be announced to everyone by the game."

"That's also possible. Then the game intentionally made everyone equal at the starting line so that everyone can see clearly who's better." If it's as Poor_Man said, there's more than 3, then it's very likely all of the reputable guilds would have at least 1 Level 100 player in them.

"Moon, how far away are you?" HereticKing, who had finally gotten rid of all his messages, said.

"2% left. I should be able to accept the Level 100 Quest before 12."

"Ugh. Please don't be a SS-rank again. Pfft." I_Am_A_Poor_Man patted Below_The_Moon on the shoulder in comfort but still couldn't resist spoiling the effect in the end. He recalled the SS-rank quest Below_The_Moon received last time: Steal the egg of the Level 130 Dragon King within 15 days.