EXTRA

Extra 05. Fight

As XiaoYu started spending more time offline, he would exercise and study when QiYao was at work. If QiYao didn't have to go to work, the two would frequently take walks outside to "bolster XiaoYu's confidence".

However, with XiaoYu's current rate of improvement, QiYao still couldn't drive XiaoYu anywhere. That's because XiaoYu was still unable to sit by himself on the passenger's seat or in the back, especially if he saw someone walking in front of a car. His entire body would shiver and go clammy.

Thus, if they needed to go somewhere further than the area around their house, QiYao would tell Lin Qiong to drive them while he sat beside XiaoYu. For now, their main method for overcoming XiaoYu's trauma was walks around the neighbourhood.

QiYao's house was situated in a famous rich people's resident neighbourhood. It's beautiful. It's also very quiet. Not only were the houses here all detached mansions, every house had its own garage, enviably private and separated from their neighbours' garages.

The security in this area was also the best of the best. All cars not owned by a resident would be strictly checked upon entering and exiting the area. Hence, it was very rare for cars to be seen coming and going in the area.

Because of that, the couple's walks frequently take them outside of the area. A few blocks down the road, there was a tiny commercial district. Subsequently, there were more vehicles on the road. At first, XiaoYu couldn't walk more than a few steps past the area's gates.

The moment he saw a car, his feet would be nailed down to the ground. Thankfully, QiYao kept a tight grip on his hand the entire time. That made XiaoYu feel safe enough that his legs wouldn't just give out beneath him.

When XiaoYu's feet refused to walk any further, QiYao would always be by his side. QiYao was even considerate enough to stand before him and block his view of the road so he could slowly recover from the terror that overwhelmed him at the sight of a vehicle.

QiYao's kindness and thoughtful actions moved XiaoYu. Most people can't understand just how much this mental trauma could affect him, sometimes he didn't either. He knew fully well the assumptions other people frequently had about him and their gazes tainted by emotions, be they contempt or pity. However, he never felt any of that from QiYao. The man's gaze was always filled to the brim with love and understanding.

This made XiaoYu more determined than ever in life. He'll study harder and faster so he can be of more help to QiYao. He'll keep convincing himself to push that fear aside, get faster at overcoming his trauma. Those cars are of no threat to him or anyone.

With QiYao at his side providing an endless source of strength and his mind continuously pushing himself, XiaoYu's feet soon began to move. His legs still quivered as they crossed the street and his eyes would subconsciously dart around until they were confirmed to be extremely safe. But as long as he had QiYao by his side, the XiaoYu walking on the pedestrian walkway was no different from any other normal person.

As such, the couple's walks started taking them further and further away until they've reached the shopping district. And so, the couple's walks started including the usual foolish acts lovers do. They'd go shopping, buy something, carry each other's bags and walk home with their hands linked together.

Before, XiaoYu would just order anything they needed online, especially food. Now that he'd started going on walks outside, QiYao didn't mind adding another event to their dates. They could go to the supermarket, push a trolley cart together as they picked up their groceries or snacks.