ch85

85. Present

After the heart-to-heart talk, the mood in the party lightened. They began talking about work, about life in general, in the party chat. QiXuan knew his younger brother's habits. He knew how the other was, but he never could've imagined the man would have already moved his lover into his own home. The plot seemed to be skipping ahead way too fast.

With Sacrifice in their disposal, QiYao no longer had to worry about risking XiaoYu's life from the big level gap between him and the Berserk Mummies. The three swept through the Elite monsters. They were the unstoppable force. Soon, the last Essence dropped amidst the roaring cries of dying monsters.

Finally, QiYao and XiaoYu understood what this quest was about. QiXuan was working on the Paladin's Level 100 Third Job Change quest. The original quest had automatically been deleted because QiXuan didn't complete it in time. Thankfully for QiXuan, he'd gotten a gathering quest again. He just had to gather the Essences of all 10 Undead mobs within 5 days.

As the items were special quest items, they would never be found by other players. Only players with the quest active, and their party members, would stand a slim chance of finding them. The three players sighed. What ridiculously low chances. Even with XiaoYu - the silently acknowledged lucky charm of grinding for quest items - in the party, they had taken days to gather them all. Who knew how long it'd take QiXuan if he tackled it alone?

In return for helping out with grinding, QiYao and XiaoYu could follow QiXuan to the Job Change Hall and witness the moment he was promoted to a Templar. There were also two more Templar skills added to QiXuan's skillset. However, these two new skills made QiXuan regret instead of rejoice having triggered this secret Job. These skills had nothing to do with his personal style at all. All they did were making him work for nothing.

As usual, one was a passive skill. It's an upgrade to the skill that increased the damage dealt to Undead mobs, the player's defence against all Undead and experience gained from the Undead. Now, anyone who was in the same party as QiXuan would benefit from the skill.

The other Templar skill was an upgraded version of Sacrifice. Initially, the player could only cast it at one plater. If the Paladin tried to cast Sacrifice on another player while one was already in effect, the buff on the previous target would disappear. Now, QiXuan could cast the skill on multiple players. But for every additional player he targets, the damaged he'd receive would be increased by 1%.

From how the secret Jobs' skills were progressing, QiYao was very much looking forward to when XiaoYu would go through his third Job Change. Perhaps Obsecro will turn into an AoE skill. It did take a little too much time right now with XiaoYu having to cast it on everyone one-by-one.

However, that moment was still rather far off in the future. His primary mission right now was to focus on grinding.

"Brother, will you be returning to the main guild?" QiXuan had been in the main guild before. When the subsidiary guilds started up, he ran off to help hold down the fort in those guilds.

"No. I'll head back to the subsidiary guilds. I'll help you take care of XiaoYu." QiXuan and QiYao's in-game names were part of a set. A lot of people back then were curious and kept throwing theories around. The two's cold and aloof attitudes didn't help the situation. Of course, there were people who knew they were brothers in real life. There weren't many though and they kept their mouth shuts, pretending to be as confused as the others.