ch40

40. Having a Meal

When XiaoYu woke up the next day, he found himself lying in the bed of a hotel. He recalled that warm, safe embrace from yesterday and suddenly the world didn't feel that bad after all.

There was a note pinned down on the table in the room.

XiaoYu,

Wait for me at Serica's West Gate at 6 p.m. today.

P.S. Do not ever turn off private messaging again. Don't munch on carrots either!

- Yao

A soft laugh escaped XiaoYu's lips. The note was just like the type his mother used to leave for him on the dining table just before she left the house. It had been a very long time since anyone cared so much about him.

XiaoYu scooped the tiny cat into his arms and snuggled with it for a while. He'd given himself an unproductive day off yesterday. He must get up, cheer up. He shouldn't let others worry anymore.

Ask his friends to help take revenge? That's not something XiaoYu would do. After yesterday's PvP, he knew that if he kept a level mind and keep all his skill cooldowns in check, and if no accidents happened, that knight would never be able to kill him.

So, XiaoYu needed to grind. Once he passed his second Job Change, he'll have an attack spell with Holy Light. Even though its damage would be reduced and it'd be very hard to actively kill anyone, at least he wouldn't be stuck without any chance of hitting back when attacked.

He dropped quite a lot of cash yesterday. His heart ached. He must remember not to bring that much cash with him when he's out of the city. T-T

He lost his staff too. The mission at hand was to find a weapon. Acolytes can equip books, wands, hammers, low-levelled daggers etc. But most prefer wands and staff because these weapons have more magical attributes. He'll take a walk around the market after he finished repairing his gear.

******

"Chief, Yue (Moon) is done investigating. It certainly was the swordsman who tormented LuckyCat last time. He's now a Knight. Level 55. Dual-wielding Agility build," Lin Qiong (Poor) said. He tilted his head to look back at Hei QiYao who was sitting at the backseat with his eyes closed. With the help of a sophisticated A.I., there were no problems with some slight multitasking when driving. In an emergency, the car will automatically hit the brakes.

"Deal with it according to the guild's top grade ill-intent PvP rules." XiaoYu might not be in the guild yet, but QiYao already thinks of XiaoYu as one of his own. New grudges, old vengeance. They'll all be factored in equally. It's not an unfair way of taking revenge.

"Gank him back to Level 1? He should count himself lucky. He's the first player to enjoy such treatment." Heretic Demons had all sorts of detailed internal rules and regulations. Thus, when conflicts arose, they could just hand out punishments or rewards accordingly.

No one would be unjustly treated, and the guild wouldn't accidentally go overboard. According to BattleOverlord's mean-spirited actions towards LuckyCat - tormenting him for four hours straight and duelling a healer with absolutely no offensive powers - he should certainly die.

"6 p.m. West Gate of Serica."

"Osiris in the Pyramids?" Qiong's mind instantly jumped to the nearest region boss.