ch23

23. Directly From "a Wide Range"

The reason why HereticKing and I_Am_A_Poor_Man were at the portal zone so early on was for the last preparations at Prole-4. As the mighty Guild Leader, of course he'd have a private plane. This was also why HereticKing only appeared once in the Zhang Village during the last battle.

They'd planned early on to focus on conquering Prole-4 first, so I_Am_A_Poor_Man's saved Teleport locations were just Prole-4's entrances. Thus, HereticKing only arrived at the guild's public airport when he decided to have a look around elsewhere.

While Bai XiaoYu didn't know why HereticKing would want to add a puny portal opener like him as a friend, he still accepted it. Then, he watched as the two heads of Heretic Demons disappeared into a portal's glow.

He sat down and continued eating.

The tiny cat hung its head in dejection. The uncle didn't give it any gold coins to play with this time. Paw, dirt. Dirt, paw.

XiaoYu was speechless at the mercenary ways of this little cat. He dug out a grilled fish skewer from his inventory and teased the tiny cat with it. And so, the uncle with the gold coin was thrown back into the back of the kitten's mind.

************

Meanwhile, HereticKing and I_Am_A_Poor_Man were resting in the Crystal Room after a check over Prole-4's defences. Once they made sure every defence station had NPC soldiers (The city's lord could hire a certain number of NPC soldiers to help defend the city, according to the city's development.), they were prepared for the upcoming three hours of intense battle.

This time was usually meant for I_Am_A_Poor_Man's and Below_The_Moon's bantering and lively fights. Unfortunately, Below_The_Moon was rushing a batch of special traps and setting them up today, which were not done yet. That's because there're only three Level 100 archers in the entire guild, including Below_The_Moon, who can make this special large AoE trap. The workload was unimaginably huge.

"Chief, how do you know LuckyCat?" I_Am_A_Poor_Man is curious. He's just so curious. At least he's in the same class as LuckyCat. Even then, they barely interacted. The chief and LuckyCat were really miles apart from each other. He couldn't think of a way they'd be able to know each other at all.

At the thought of the past two meetings where the big and small cats were mimicking each other, especially the first time they met, HereticKing's eyes crinkled with laughter.

I_Am_A_Poor_Man's curiosity was seriously hooked. Chief actually smiled when he thought of LuckyCat. It seemed like they made a good first impression. Was their first meeting so interesting? However, LuckyCat's reaction to seeing Chief didn't seem like they met.

Thus, I_Am_A_Poor_Man's brain started imagining a play about a hero saving the damsel in distress-no. A hero saving the cat in distress. At the time, LuckyCat had been tormented to the point of collapsing on the floor. He's panting. His vision's going blurry. TinyLuckyCat was going to falling into the hands of a villain when the hero finally arrives.

He saved the little cat and gently returned it back to its owner's side. Then, he'd walk off into the sky of colourful clouds. The breeze blew dust up, further blurring LuckyCat's vision. All he saw in the end was the shadow of a back walking away. Smaller and smaller and smaller until it disappeared...At last, LuckyCat's vision blacken and he faints.