ch68

68. I Want to See You

This week's Guild Wars was mainly focused on the last fortress to be conquered - Serica-3. This was the only fortress left which hadn't been conquered before. The other 19 fortresses all belonged to one guild or another by now.

It didn't mean the monster guards were hard to defeat. Instead, it's because of the fortress's complicated landscape. There were even traps around every corner. Everyone hated it.

However, none of this concerned the Heretic Demons. Their target for the day was conquering a third city. It didn't matter if it was a 1, 2 or 4, as long as they fulfil the requirement for a real-life gathering. Once that was done, they'll go bother the I Die For Riches guild. Either way one worded things, the Heretic Demons had locked their sights on this rich, money-hungry guild.

Today, XiaoYu felt like more people was going through his portals than before. Most of them were female players. He didn't know that because he got distracted and stared at the pretty ladies, but those women, those girls, their burning gazes boring into him were hard to ignore.

This was all the fault of the leading couple being so into themselves that they've ignored just how eye-catching they were. Hand in hand, they'd roamed all over Prole and its nearby towns. Any observant guild member would find it hard to miss them.

Then, they heard through the gossip vine that this suspected "wife" of their leader was actually one of the "airport" pilots from a subsidiary guild. How can they not take this one opportunity to sneak a few peeks at him?

Of course, not all of these gawkers were part of the special fu-group. Some were stared at XiaoYu with envy and jealousy. They called themselves the "guards" of QiYao. Players of all sorts walked through his portals, men and women alike. Wave after wave, the curious and analysing glances made XiaoYu wonder if there was something strange stuck on his face.

In spite of everything, no one actively stepped up to gossip and ask him anything. It was event time. If they were caught slacking, they'd be punished. The Heretic Demons didn't have any extremist members who were that unruly. They'd have been kicked out way earlier.

Ignoring all these trivial changes, there were a few major outcomes to this Guild Wars.

One, the Wolf Clan finally took down Serica-3. Based on the rewards announced, it was actually on the same difficulty as Prole-3. This made everyone cry out at how unfair this prankster of a game was. What fortress would have traps set all over the place from the start?

Two, due to all fortresses being conquered, a long server maintenance was announced. As most players were currently in the midst of battle, the server would only be down for 4 days from Sunday 6 a.m. to Thursday 6 a.m. All players were asked to finish up their business tonight and log off before then.

Three, the subsidiary guild Egg_Tart was in charge of, Suicide Squad, was able to snatch back Prole-4 with the help of the second subsidiary guild of the Heretic Demons, the Heretic Demons Guards. They were able to hold onto their newly acquired fortress to the last second.

Now that they had the help of another subsidiary guild, the tanky Knights from I Die For Riches guild were all slaughtered before they even had a chance to use their special items. Along with Prole-3 and Prole-5, they now had three fortresses. That meant...they'll be having a real-life gathering!