ch22

22. Encounter

It must be said that XiaoYu really had the potential to enrich a party's drops. This time, the boss dropped a Charm Paper even though no crown was found.

CopperPlateKing pounced onto XiaoYu and rubbed himself all over the other. He said it was to leech some luck off of XiaoYu. This went on until NonMeta decided he had enough of it and plucked CopperPlate away from XiaoYu. Finally, XiaoYu who'd been squashed to the point of gasping was saved.

"Thank you." It was rare for NonMeta to speak up, but that Charm Paper was for him after all.

"It's nothing much. >///<" XiaoYu didn't think he was some lucky star or lucky charm. Why else did he never get a good drop when he's grinding alone?

XiaoYu split the rest of the loot to the other four players, rejecting his own portion. This time, he'd not been of use at all. He was only there to observe a boss-hunting session and to learn from it.

Once the other four sent XiaoYu back up to the top layer of the Jiangshi Cave, they left for the city. Before the bright white light whisked them away, Chrysanthemum's thoughtful stare at XiaoYu terrified him more than being killed by another player. The tiny cat seemed to be quite afraid of that healer too. It hid behind XiaoYu's feet and only dared to pop out half of its head to peep at the departing players.

Four beams of light later, XiaoYu was left all alone in that vast cave. He shook away the questions filling his head. She was a friend of CopperPlate and NonMeta. She wouldn't harm him. His current mission was to keep grinding.

********

Saturday soon arrived. Every guild in the game prayed and hoped that the name of their own guild would sound out to the entire server.

Bai XiaoYu arrived at the Zhang Village just past 5. Not a lot of Heretic Demons members had gathered there yet. They grouped together in duos or trios, either chatting with each other or staring blankly at the forums.

XiaoYu sat down cross-legged at the spot he was assigned to last time. He took the time to rearrange his inventory as he ate dinner with the little cat.

As previously mentioned, the in-game sun would stay up shining bright until midnight for students and those working 9 to 5. It was only slightly darker than usual and did not affect anyone's line of sight at all.

Hence, XiaoYu immediately noticed it when the light shining down on him turned significantly dimmer. The first thing that he saw as he looked up and packed away his bag was a pair of combat boots.

The glow emitting from the boots looked neither gold nor silver. It wasn't blinding yet it still made one feel as if they shouldn't look at it for too long. It'd be disrespectful and might taint its shine. XiaoYu's first reaction was this was definitely not a normal pair of combat boots. It was at least an SSR item. XiaoYu's eyes trailed upwards along those boots until the face of its owner could be clearly seen.

Mn. It's a man. A rather attractive man, XiaoYu reviewed mentally.

One can't fault XiaoYu for that. If it was a woman in XiaoYu's place, the most common reaction now would perhaps be to screech out loud, then spin round and round the other player. If it was a brave woman, she might even try seducing him outright.