ch60

60. Unexpected Events

As all bosses had a certain type of terrifying aura, there shouldn't be any monsters that'd dare to appear within a 10-plus metre radius. However, the ghosts of this place were once humans. They possess a certain intelligence.

At the sight of such a dense rain of gold pieces in the far-off distance, there was no reason they who'd been peasants, beggars even, weren't attracted to it. Currently, there was a ghost casually and slowly drifting over from behind XiaoYu. The Heretic Demons crowd actually never noticed it.

When it was within 5 metres of XiaoYu, the long-tongued ghost was forced by the game to switch its attentions from the original target, the gold raining down, to the players. It stretched out its two arms and revealed its 20-plus cm nails and pounced towards XiaoYu.

By the time the other sensed the presence of danger and turned around, the long nails were already within reach. He wanted to run but his low Agility meant his feet couldn't catch up to his brain. Reflexively, he raised his arms in a block.

"Aah!"

"Clink!" The nails didn't hit XiaoYu, but was instead blocked by something mid-air, emitting a loud piercing shriek.

A figure gradually drifted into sight. It was a katar that blocked the ghost's attack. While this katar-wielding assassin had a mask over his face, everyone recognised him - LittleZhuGe from Angel Wings.

XiaoYu's cry just now had already drawn everyone's gazes to him. Their hearts leapt at the sight of XiaoYu nearly being hit by the claws of a ghost. While they understood the protective buffs he had on should be able to withstand the attack, it was still a sign of their oversight.

Excluding Kathryne who was still suffering from dizziness, the two archers closes to XiaoYu disregarded the gold pieces falling from the sky and swerved their arrows over. Silver-Winged_Angel then let loose a few Penetrating Shots (Single-target skill. Deals 300% damage.) and killed the mob. On the other hand, Below_The_Moon aimed at LittleZhuGe.

"Hey, hey. No need for that. I did save your lucky cat," LittleZhuGe said with a smile. The moment he saw Below_The_Moon aiming his bow at him, he swiftly sheathed his katar and raised his hands. Imperceptibly, he took a few subtle steps backwards.

"Are the Wings grinding here too?" Below_The_Moon held his bow taut while his eyes darted around. ZhuGe was here. Perhaps there were a few more Wings' members around too. Maybe even GloryOfTheWorld. They can't have the boss stolen from them here.

"That's right. But don't worry. We're not here to steal the boss from you." Two figures walked out from behind a piece of the ruins. It was GloryOfTheWorld and a female player. Seemed like the three of them were training here.

"Since you're not here for the boss, why is ZhuGe in stealth?" Poor_Man asked.

The close-ranged combatants were still fighting the boss and can't extract themselves from the salesman for now. Because Sunshine was past the 10 minutes of double chant time debuff, he was left behind as support while Poor_Man snuck over.

"Hehe. I only planned on witnessing the Heretic Demons' execution of a boos up close. But then I saw LuckyCat was in danger. As a friend, I can't not help, right?" ZhuGe was smiling as brightly as ever.

"Alright. You guys keep going. We won't do anything. We'll just help you protect LuckyCat too." This time, it was Glory who spoke. "But if the Heretic Demons die here, we'll be taking over this boss."