ch19

19. Changing Spots

When Bai XiaoYu woke up the next day, he received the letter with his pay.

"Meow~" There's so much~. The little cat wriggled happily in the pile of crystals.

"Ah, there's so many." 1, 2, 3...There's actually 100 crystals here. It's enough to bury the tiny cat in crystals. Big guilds really were able to pay lavishly.

I_Am_A_Poor_Man's icon was still dull. He must still be asleep. After some consideration, XiaoYu decided to stop living in his usual poor and frugal ways. 5 silvers was nothing compared to his current finances. He ran out and mailed a letter to the other. He's bad with words and can only say "Thank you", but the other would get him.

He tidied up his thoughts, his inventory and storage, then continued being intimate with the zombies.

It was around noon when I_Am_A_Poor_Man finally crawled online. As soon as he logged in, he greeted XiaoYu and invited him to dine together at the finest restaurant in Serica.

"Pfft. What kind of head accessory is that?" Out spewed a heavenly shower of alcohol.

"Rotten Bandage."

"Hahaha! I thought it was a little beggar from some random beggar sect." The bandages looped round and round his head in a messy fashion. There was even a strip of cloth drooping down on the right. Wait, it's a strip of rotten bandage.

">///<" It was only then that XiaoYu realised his new accessory did not fit in with the restaurant's decor. He'd been grinding. Equipping it would increase his damage to undead monsters by 10%. He thought it was better than the grass wreathe so he switched it out.

"Don't just stand around. Sit." I_Am_A_Poor_Man only found his kindness after having enough of laughing. He called XiaoYu, who was standing there with a 囧 face, to sit. It's an enclosed room. No one would laugh at the other here.

"Okay." XiaoYu was thinking of changing accessories, but he dismissed that notion at the thought of that grass wreathe. He's always found in shameful situations. Perhaps he'll get used to it after a while.

"Eh? Erm...Why do I feel like your headdress is on backwards?" Something just felt weird. The front was lower than the back. It nearly blocked the other's eyes.

"Mn. If this droops on the left, the little one would keep playing with it," said XiaoYu as pointed at the strip of bandage on the right.

"Haha, true. That's a cat for you." If they see a hanging object swaying, they'd want to pounce at it. Who knew if the kitten had fallen from LuckyCat's shoulders before? The more I_Am_A_Poor_Man thought about it, the funnier it felt. "Pfft."

囧. XiaoYu always had complicated and dangerous feelings about this man who has the well-defined face of an elite but is always acting out of character.

"Ahem. You must be hungry after training for the whole morning. Come, order whatever you want. It's my treat."

"Mn." Trying to reject would just make him sound petty or spoiled. Even so, XiaoYu didn't order anything rare or expensive. If the restaurant was highly rated, that meant the normal dishes would be delicious as well.

As the big and small lucky cats ate, they thought: High-class restaurants are special. (╯▽╰)

"You don't drink?"