EXTRA

Extra 03. The Truth

"Let's break up," QiYao emotionlessly said. It was as if he had reverted back to the poker face king he used to be.

"...why?" XiaoYu was shocked to the core. He had never before seen such a cold and callous expression on the other.

"I'm just tired of it all."

"Are you telling the truth?"

"You know I hate lying."

"..." Yes. It'd be impossible for XiaoYu not to know just how much QiYao hated lying. He even had his cheeks pinched and tugged for lying before. However, the other had once said they would be together forever. Was that going to be a lie too?

"...I see. Yao, no, Mr Hei, please log off a little later tonight. I'll pack up," XiaoYu said after a solemn pause. If one described QiYao's original demeanour before their meeting to be cold and callous, then formal and polite would be XiaoYu's. Everyone had only reverted back to who they were.

QiYao didn't answer. He merely turned around and left.

Staring at that familiar back fading away from his sight, XiaoYu let out a bitter smile in resignation. QiYao had once said he would never let go of his hand. He said that they would be together forever. Now, the other let go of him. What could XiaoYu do to hold on to the other? Cry, fast and threaten suicide? That's not his personality.

He walked towards the nearest Portal. After flying around a few times in a daze to who-knows-where, XiaoYu finally arrived at a little town he'd never been to before. He then set this city as his Save Point. Prole wouldn't be his home now. If possible, he might never ever go back there.

He headed to the Storage NPC and opened up his Storage. Looking down at the ring he'd worn for so long on his ring finger, XiaoYu couldn't help softly caressing it before taking it off and storing it away.

If the ring still existed the next time he logged online, that meant QiYao didn't apply for a divorce. Then, he'll head back to Prole one last time to apply for the divorce himself. May this ring and the white wedding suit lying in his Storage disappear forever.

He opened up his Friends tab. QiYao was the first on the list. It was still lit up. The other was still online. XiaoYu took one last glance at the ever-familiar face before he tapped on the button on the top right corner, the button he thought he would never click on.

"Ding. Delete this friend?"

"Confirm." The next time he logged on, they wouldn't be husbands anymore.

Then, at last, XiaoYu opened up the Guild tab. His level was high enough that he was part of the main guild now. He still remembered when he had just switched over to the main guild from the subsidiary guild. The friends he had in the main guild all teased him about how the missus has finally climbed up. He never thought there would be a day when he would leave.

He tapped on the "Quit Guild" button and a dialogue box popped up before him. This was another point where Asgard Online was different to other games. When quitting a guild, the player needed to write down their reason for doing so. XiaoYu filled in one simple word. Farewell.

May we never see each other again.

Any Heretic Demons member with the guild chat open would see a line of eye-catching yellow text, "Member LuckyCat has left the guild."