ch54

54. Classmate

Each Squad Leader needed to stay informed of the basic circumstances of players under them at all time. For example, if they were low level, then the leaders should arrange some team practices or carry them through grinding. But that didn't mean the leaders needed to do all that themselves. As XiaoYu's hidden Job was a secret few knew, I_Am_A_Poor_Man personally led the charge.

However, a certain someone also knew he was a certain Chief's exclusive healer. If he didn't notify the executive, what if he was summoned halfway through the grind? They'd have wasted a precious tool. Forget about how Sealed_Sword would strike him down in half. He himself would prepare a tiny knife for seppuku.

Truth be told, HereticKing heard the whole conversation between I_Am_A_Poor_Man and Sealed_Sword. His first reaction was also how he could bring XiaoYu to a high-level zone for experience.

Thus, when I_Am_A_Poor_Man tried negotiating with him on taking XiaoYu to the Derelict Ruins of Natalis, HereticKing instantly agreed to Poor_Man's request to not summon him for anything else for those five hours. Because HereticKing wanted to join in too.

I_Am_A_Poor_Man was always astonished at HereticKing's attitude towards XiaoYu. It's so rare to see Chief care so much about someone else. His mind thought of the bone-chilling winter dropping in from the north winds in reality. A saying popped into his mind: If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?

He shook the saying out of his head. Poor_Man pondered on future plans. The year was coming to an end. The game would probably have plenty of events then. Why not take this chance to use up that XP Penalty Waiver? Otherwise, the night might drag on for too long. Too many dreams might come and go.

Two days later, I_Am_A_Poor_Man who'd been exploring the Derelict Ruins with a party received a message from Sealed_Sword. DrunkBed had logged on at noon the day after the meeting. He'd been told to send the XP Penalty Waiver over.

"Exams over?" Poor_Man seemed to recall DrunkBed was a university student studying fitness. He was truly amazing at sports. The job he picked, Assassin, had higher agility requirements than other jobs. It was the perfect class for him.

While the base stats decided by the game were rather effective on deciding which job would be the best, each player's reflex speed and ability to think on their feet was a type of hidden talent. They also effect whether the selected job was suitable for the player.

"Not that fast. He's already called me to say he'll be absent from the next treasure hunting session. I told him to log on tomorrow to lend his gear to another assassin for the time being."

"I see."

I_Am_A_Poor_Man then instantly started bothering XiaoYu over chat.

"Xiao-Yu, are you free tomorrow noon?" Poor_Man asked.

"Yes."

"Then come to the East Gate of Prole. I'll take you exploring."

"Okay."

"Not going to ask me where?"

"Mn. Because I believe in you. You wouldn't sell me off."

"Ah, you actually know how to crack a joke. I must still be asleep."

"Hehe." XiaoYu had been grinding at the Pyramids for the past few days with different healers. All those ladies kept chattering on about wanting to buy him so they can train it up. They'll make sure everyone would love him then.