ch77

77. Christmas Event

XiaoYu pulled the tiny cat, that'd been curling round and round his legs, up into his arms. Four days ago, XiaoYu would never have imagined the few days of server maintenance would be so eventful.

The happiness overwhelming him made him rub his face against the small cat. Sensing its little owner was very much happier now than when he'd logged off, it stretched its tiny pink tongue out and licked him.

"Heeheh. Let's go grind," XiaoYu said.

As for how the new Guild Wars update, that wasn't something XiaoYu needed to worry about as long as the grind spots stayed the same. His mission was to level up. What about QiYao who should be concerned about this matter? He'd left for work after having the breakfast XiaoYu had lovingly cooked.

However, the update this time not only made some changes to the weekly Guild Wars rules, it patched in the Christmas and New Year events. The year was nearly over.

First to occur was the Christmas event. Just like last year, it was about the grudge between the two Santa Clauses.

In Asgard Online, lived two Santa Clauses. One was an NPC dubbed the "Crying Santa Claus" while the other was a...monster named the "Evil Santa Claus". That's right. The evil Santa Claus was a mob. It would spawn in every single place a normal mob might spawn.

The true Santa Claus was the crying NPC. Every year, he aimed to spread happiness and give Christmas presents to everyone. But an evil person would always appear and disrupt his plans.

Last year, the evil culprit stole his presents and threw them all over the world. The Christmas event required players to defeat the Evil Santa Clauses and collect the "Scattered Christmas Present" items. Return five of them to the real Santa Claus and he'll give you a present in return. These boxes would drop some peculiar and unique little joke items.

This year, it's a little different. The alert Santa Claus didn't get cheated. He didn't have his presents stolen but, infuriatingly, the socks the kids of Asgard Online used to collect their Christmas presents had been stolen overnight.

This meant even if Santa Claus had his presents, he couldn't give them to the children. Hence, he has sought help from the players once more. It was roughly the same quest. Defeat the Evil Santa Clauses. Collect five Christmas Socks and exchange them for a present from him.

It was a little overdramatic for a Christmas event, but the players of AO were already grinding everywhere. They didn't mind attacking another mob. It was an easy monster to tackle anyway, even a Level 1 player could kill it. The reason's simple. He won't attack and he only had 1 HP.

Thus, even if the players just lightly tapped the Evil Santa Claus with their weapons, he would immediately collapse, wriggle in pain for a few moments before disappearing and leaving behind the quest item.

Last year, this sight made quite a few players' faces go 囧, but everyone was used to it this year. They were even curious just what kind of drama these two characters will act out this year.

Staring at the red and worn-down, with holes in the heel, sock in his inventory, XiaoYu hesitated. With every event, there would be a major business opportunity lurking behind it. Be it the socks or the presents, the streets would soon be filled with players buying and selling them. Should XiaoYu sell them or open the presents himself for some fun?