ch29

29. Journey West 01

Tlot, tlot, tlot, tlot...the sounds of a wild herd of horses rang out in the wide open desert. If one listened closely, they would discover a different sound hiding among the racket - plap, plap, plap.

That's right. That was the sound Bai XiaoYu's silly Peco Peco made with its big claws.

Why not ride together with someone else on their horse? It's possible for the occasional romantic streak, but if two adults were to really go galloping through the countryside together on the horse the game provided in stores, that horse would re-enter the reincarnation cycle within the hour.

Unless it was HereticKing's wild steed which was much bulkier than the in-store horse. However, it was already rare enough that such a wild horse would recognise an owner. If anyone else tried riding it, they'd risk being kicked to death.

Therefore, no matter how hard the Peco Peco pumped its two thick legs, it's still slightly slower than a horse. Especially the white Thousand-Li Horse owned by HereticKing. But in reality, HereticKing didn't ride at the head of the herd. He slowed his horse down and rode beside XiaoYu.

No one opposed to or gossiped about this action at all. Bai XiaoYu was a key part of this quest. Without the egg in his bag (After the quest was accepted, it became a quest item which was account-bound.), this bunch of high-level players would be doing all of this for nothing no matter how far west they went.

Thus, it was most suitable for the Level 101 player, who was the highest-level player among them, to protect XiaoYu. Along with the best protective buffs from the healers, it made XiaoYu feel like he'd turn into a certain striped rare animal that also had the character for "cat" in its name.

The seven players paid attention to keep XiaoYu in the centre of their pack the whole time. Thus, they adapted to the Peco Peco's speed and didn't employ the full extent of their riding abilities.

If one were to say who was the most eye-catching of the group and if the tiny cat called itself number two, no one would dare to say they were the first. It must be said I_Am_A_Poor_Man really great taste in pranks.

After the pot with a dent on its bottom was clipped onto the Peco Peco's head, the small cat fit in it nicely. The kitten seemed to really like this VIP seat. Not only did it sit up straight the entire way, it would even look around it from time to time, just like a strict inspector.

The party was rushing through the Peco Peco region right now, but that didn't mean there weren't any other monsters in this stretch of the desert. For example, the green snake XiaoYu met earlier when on foot.

They tried their best to avoid getting close to any mobs during the whole trip because most of their mounts didn't have any attack or defence capabilities. The moment they were attacked, the mounts would return to the owner's Mount Inventory. A serious injury could even result in a mount's death on the spot and being recycled by the game.

All their eyes could see were yellow sand. Occasionally, they'd spot some greenery. Cacti. Nevertheless, they'd been listening to I_Am_A_Poor_Man's explanations on how dangerous and strange their journey west would be. The monsters' A.I. were vastly improved. Thus, these cacti might've even turned into cacti spirits. They could only be standing still and pretending to be actual greenery just so they can bluff passing players.

Reality proved that their guess was correct. Upon avoiding the third cactus, that huge cactus finally couldn't resist quivering and shooting hundreds of tiny thin spikes at them.