ch30

30. Journey West 02

"Eh? Lucky, your nametag's grey." It was rather dim in the cave. Plus the grey shade, the name floating above Bai XiaoYu's head was nearly invisible. However, Below_The_Moon was an archer. An archer's eyesight was much sharper than any other classes'.

"No way. The game thinks LuckyCat attacked Chief?"

"It must be." However, even PvP matches between party members were considered the individual player's problem. Otherwise, all party members will be notified that a player has been attacked by XXX of YYY party.

"So very weird. Chief, just how much HP got knocked off by LuckyCat?"

"...1 HP."

"Tch. That means it takes over 10,000 LuckyCats to kill Chief. What thick skin," I_Am_A_Poor_Man mumbled with a pout.

"Pffft. 30 HP to deal 1 damage. Rather effective, Lucky." CopperPlate had run over to join the crowd after he finished stabbing the two ants hanging on his legs to death.

"Lucky's level is too low or else it might not just be 30."

"Ah. Chief, your 'hero saving the dam-', no, 'hero saving the cat-in-distress' move is so touching! Do your arms hurt? Want me to heal you up?" lied I_Am_A_Poor_Man without a single blink at HereticKing's full HP bar. His only fear was for the world to be at peace. (Party members could look at an estimate of each other's health, but not the exact numbers.)

The entire party crowded around HereticKing and XiaoYu, chitter-chattering nonstop. Except for NonMeta who never liked to speak and Chrysanthemum who was sneakily laughing and scheming by the side.

HereticKing didn't mind it at all. LuckyCat wasn't heavy. No one would be harmed by a few more minutes of carrying him. Now that he thought of it, losing 1 HP in exchange for LuckyCat's butt to avoid getting up close to the ground was quite worth it. Frankly, he wasn't willing to see LuckyCat hurt at all.

XiaoYu was still doing his best to shrink back into his cloak. All of a sudden, he paused. Something's wrong. He's still being carried by HereticKing. But he didn't feel at ease speaking up about it in the public chat channel, so he silently messaged the other, "Thanks. You can put me down. And I'm sorry."

For the game to determine the action as a PvP intent meant the impact from his fall was quite forceful. While no one's arms could get broken in-game and the pain sensitivity was lowered, catching a human being falling from the sky should've put a lot of pressure on the other's arms.

"As long as you're okay," the other replied.

With a sweep of HereticKing's gaze, his guild members quietly ducked to a side. The remaining CopperPlate was also pulled aside by NonMeta. Only then did HereticKing put XiaoYu down.

'Hee-hee. Carried for 2 minutes and 15 seconds,' Chrysanthemum mentally giggled as she counted down according to the in-game clock.

CopperPlate led the way while I_Am_A_Poor_Man directed from the back with his compass. They didn't really want a full-on war with the ants. It was more efficient to avoid walking into any monsters at all. They would only fight when the way ahead was blocked off by a dense pack of mobs. They'd clear the area as fast as possible to prevent the ants further off from noticing the disturbance and crowd over.

I am the Lucky Cat of an MMORPGजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें