ch83

83. Honest Kid

The Pyramids was not like the past two dungeons. There was an elite for Berserk Mummies. However, the Berserk Mummies could be considered a type of elite by themselves.

They were already hard to defeat. Half of the time the two players spent grinding in the Pyramids was sacrificed in tribute to the Berserk Mummy's elite. It simply wouldn't drop its essence.

"Forget it. I'll come back tomorrow," said the knight. He'd watch XiaoYu yawn again and again. It's time to wrap things up.

"Mn. I can help you tomorrow too." XiaoYu had been pondering how best to mention his nearing bedtime when the knight spoke up first.

"Then, I'll message you tomorrow. Thanks for today."

"No problem." XiaoYu was tired, but it was all worth it to see the tiny cat prancing around in joy.

"Mrrow~" The small cat patted the knight's boots with its paw. It was so very happy with its collecting spree today. This was a good man. Print a paw and the analysis was complete.

"Hehe. Can't bear to leave me, little one?" The knight bent down and scooped up the cat rubbing itself against him. He then handed it over to XiaoYu. "Say hi to HereticKing for me."

"Hm? Okay." XiaoYu accepted the armful of purring kitten, his mind blanking out a little from confusion. Did the knight and QiYao know each other?

It had been a tough day battling monsters. XiaoYu didn't head back to clear out his inventory as he usually did. While a player wouldn't feel physical exhaustion as long as their HP and MP were full, mental exhaustion was still a thing. Thus, XiaoYu decided to just leave it for tomorrow morning. He was so tired that he just wanted to get in his bed and sleep.

Back at the Lord Mayor's Suite, QiYao had been waiting for XiaoYu for a while now.

"I was just about to message you," QiYao said as XiaoYu walked into the room. "You've gotten a little too engrossed today."

"Yes. There's a quest item that simply won't drop," XiaoYu sulkily replied as he took off his equipment and climbed into the bed to curl into QiYao. The difficulty in finding a drop had left XiaoYu in a rather despondent mood. He'd always had great luck when in a party.

"What quest is it?" QiYao wasn't superstitious, but he had great faith in XiaoYu's luck. It's rare for the other to be this badly troubled by a quest.

"I don't know. He didn't share it with me...I...just helped...a friend...." XiaoYu's voice slowly drifted off. His eyelids hung lower and lower. QiYao was so warm. He wanted to sleep so badly.

"Sleep. You must've been exhausted from today," QiYao said, wrapping his arms around the younger man and gently patting the other on the back. He could tell the other was dead tired.

"Mn...right. He told me...to tell you...hi. He was...part of Heretic Demons...before." Just then, XiaoYu remembered the last words the knight said to him before they split up. He forced his eyes open and pushed the last message through his heavy tongue.

"Do I know him? What's his name?"

"It's...Demonic...Emperor...zzz." XiaoYu was finally knocked out.