ch34

34. Side Quest

If you had to mention something exciting about this generation other than its advanced technology, then the one thing that had everyone jealous was the flexible work and study hours. If there's something that needs to be done, you did it. If not, you relax.

Thus, this beautiful Monday morning was not spent hurriedly rushing for the bus with a slice of bread in the mouth. A group of humans spent it continuing their carefree adventure.

They'd actually departed bright and early that morning. They were hoping to find somewhere to hide from the wind and sand before 8 am.

"The game must be bored to death to make us go through two rounds of hurricanes each day," CopperPlate commented with a pout.

"It's so you all know the importance of protecting the environment. It's better than it being random."

"True." CopperPlate didn't want to be buried in the sands in the middle of nowhere without any warning.

"Once we reach the rocky area, there'll be caves galore for us to hide in. Haha." Below_The_Moon gave the still-unhappy CopperPlate a pat.

As they chatted, the sands below their feet turned harder and harder. They were approaching the rocky and equally-barren region.

"The hint's changed." Ever since the first change to the mission's description, I_Am_A_Poor_Man's duties were analyse the map, hand out directions, plus an additional duty - paying attention to the mission's description and hints. Hence, when the golden sands were all replaced by yellow mounds of rocks, the game stopped making the party despair. The quest's hint finally changed.

[In a cave not far away to the west.]

"It went from farther off to not far away. Looks like victory's right ahead of us."

"Don't celebrate just yet. It might not end with just that." Chrysanthemum solemnly splashed a bucket of cold water over everyone. She didn't think she'd be the jinx this time.

The party looked at the time. It's nearly 8 am. Upon finding a large and rather secure-looking cave, the party settled in and prepared themselves for a break.

"Let's all log off for breakfast. Deal with your personal issues. We'll meet here before 10. Chief, you're still in charge of protecting LuckyCat...Yup, that's all," I_Am_A_Poor_Man said.

As the other party members logged off one by one, XiaoYu took out his carrots. He was about to continue his career of imitating a rabbit crunching down on carrots, when a hand suddenly appeared before his eyes and pressed the hand with his carrot down.

"It's not healthy just eating carrots all the time. Eat this." It was the third time Mr HereticKing saw those carrots. He couldn't resist stretching out the hand of justice. The other hand plucked the scorpion feast from yesterday out of his Inventory. (When Poor_Man observed Chief liking them, he cooked a few more to stock up.)

"No need. It's all the same..."

"Behave. Put those carrots away." XiaoYu was about to continue saying they're just numbers. Nutrition and health weren't involved at all. However, he was quickly interrupted by HereticKing. While the other sounded like he was coaxing a child, XiaoYu somehow felt an unseen vibe he couldn't really put a name to.