4- Hideout

Marinette's POV

One Week Later

Adrien wouldn't be an Agreste if he didn't have a photoshoot every single weekend. His father is making him do another one for a new partnership with Chloe's mother, Audrey. A photoshoot I was not invited to this time.

"There's been some rumors going around about Adrien," Alya says from the chaise, scrolling through an article on her phone. I stop working on my dress and glance over as she waves her phone. "That he's got a secret girlfriend."

My eyes widen. Oh no. Did someone see us? "W-What? Are you serious? Are they saying who?"

"Nah, it's just rumors." Alya taps something on her phone. "The tabloids make up something new about Adrien every week. I wouldn't be surprised if they started saying he and Ladybug were an 'item'."

"HAHAHAHA!" I scream, awkward now, and turn back to my dress. "Yeah, 'cause that would be... absolutely ridiculous."

She nods. "Exactly. Besides, it's obvious she's got a thing for Cat Noir."

"She does not," I shoot back, than realizing, and laugh it off. "I-I mean, it doesn't seem that way. You know, when I see pictures of them together."

"Trust me, she does." Alya goes back to scrolling on her phone. "This article doesn't even have any sources. What kind of reporter doesn't have sources? We're just supposed to believe Adrien has a secret relationship because some big time magazine blog said so?"

"That's right! We should respect Adrien and ignore everything the press has to say about him."

She raises an eyebrow at me, smirking. "Do you want me to use my detective skills to find out?"

"NO!" I shout, and realize I must look crazy, and sigh. "It's okay. Don't worry about it. I'm sure if Adrien had a girlfriend, and that's a big if, he would tell me. I mean, us. Us! He would tell everyone."

Alya shrugs. "I don't know, Mari. That boy's life is kind of private."

"Ain't that the truth," I mumble to myself, frowning. I sew some new pink thread to the ripped fabric. "And... done! My dress is brand new again."

"Girl, I still can't believe you were in an actual photoshoot with Adrien!" She stands and walks over to my desk, gesturing to the new photos hanging on my wall, four in total. "And I'm surprised Mr. Agreste let you keep some shots."

"I know!" I squeal, excited. "I had them blown up into posters so I can see them better from my loft. Adrien had to beg his father just to let me have them. These are my favorites."

The first picture is Adrien and I standing apart, holding hands as we smile at the camera.

The next is us with our foreheads accidentally bumping. Talk about embarrassing. I could smell his hair; that's how close we were.

The third is just us laughing and goofing around. Mr. Agreste didn't like that one at all.

Lastly, my all-time favorite, which will be on every magazine cover, every billboard, and every ad in Paris for the next month is Adrien and I kissing. Kissing! It's my greatest possession. Besides my miraculous, of course.

Alya elbows my side and grins. "So... is Adrien a good kisser?"

My cheeks redden. "Alya! I don't kiss and tell." I look away, playing with my hair, and whisper, "But yes."

She chuckles. "You are so lucky you weren't in school that day of the field trip. When we found out you were with Adrien, Chloe had a fit! She made the bus driver turn around and drive all the way to the photoshoot set, but when we got there, you were already finished, thankfully." She pauses with a side smile. "Is it okay if we talk about that day? I know it's hard with what happened with that guy—"