21- Felix

Felix's POV

Three Weeks Later

"Mom, I don't understand why we have to stay at Uncle Gabriel's," I complain as we leave the airport. "There are plenty of hotels we can stay at."

"Nonsense, Felix," Mom defends, smiling. "Gabriel and Adrien are family, even if Emilee isn't around anymore." She types something on her phone, probably sending a text to Uncle Gabriel's assistant, Nathalie, to warn them. "Besides, don't you miss Adrien? You two were so close when you were little."

"Things change, Mom." Crossing my arms, I stare out the window, and sigh. "I still don't get why you want to partner with Uncle Gabriel."

Mom turns her phone off and faces me. "Your uncle is a very powerful man in Paris. We can use that to our advantage." Her smile quickly fades into a frown. "And I'm sure Gabriel has something to do with my sister's disappearance. It's weird how she dropped off the earth out of nowhere. I'm going to get answers and I will do everything to get them." She leans over and kisses my cheek. "You're merely here to keep Adrien distracted."

Messing with Adrien? That I can do. I wonder if his cute classmate Marinette Dupain-Cheng is around. Pathetic hopeless romantic, thinking she actually has a chance with my cousin. "What do you think happened to Aunt Emilee?"

Mom shakes her head. "I don't know. One day we're texting and calling every day and the next radio silence. I'm sure Gabriel's to blame and I need proof. So for now, I'm becoming your uncle's partner in his new fashion line he's releasing soon. I'm hoping once I gain his trust, I'll be able to find out the truth."

"How long do you think that will take?" I ask, annoyed. "I hate being at Uncle Gabriel's house. I don't even think he likes me."

"No, of course your uncle likes you." Mom shrugs. "He just has a weird way of showing it. The only person he ever showed affection for was my sister. And that assistant of his..." She trails off, glaring out the window.

The front gates of the mansion open for us and the car circles around to the front. I climb out, scaling the house, and find an open window. My eyes widen. Adrien and that girl? Marinette? They're sitting by the window, talking about something. Why is she here? Last time I was here, Adrien's father never allowed guests in the house. Has Uncle Gabriel really changed and come around to being a more loving person? No, that's impossible. I follow Mom inside and we stand in the foyer. Everything's cleaned and polished.

Uncle Gabriel walks out of his office, making eye contact with me. "Amelie. Felix. Good to see you both."

"Gabriel. You're looking better than ever." Mom hugs him, grinning from ear to ear. "I'm so glad you've finally come around to us partnering together!"

"Yes, yes..." Uncle Gabriel mutters, wiping something off his sleeve. Part of me wants to hit him. "Change is good sometimes and it's good publicity for my brand."

"Where's Adrien?" I ask, smirking. "I can't believe my cousin can't even come out to greet me properly."

Uncle Gabriel glares at me. "Forgive my son, Felix. I haven't informed him of your visit." He pulls out his phone, holding it to his ear. "Nathalie, please send Adrien and his guest downstairs, please."

"Guest?" Mom asks, curious. "My, I didn't think the Gabriel Agreste let anyone in your home, let alone a guest."

"It's a very complicated situation, Amelie." Uncle Gabriel takes in a deep breath. "I have your rooms ready and made up. Nathalie will show you when you're ready to unpack."

"Thank you, Gabriel." Mom smiles and turns to me. "Cheer up, Felix. I know you're going to have an awesome time here."

"You called for me, Father?" I hear Adrien shout as he walks downstairs with Marinette. His eyes widen when he sees me. "Felix? What are you doing here?"