30- Multimouse

Adrien's POV

Three Days Later

"Master Fu, can I talk to you about something serious?" I ask after he hands me a cup of tea. "It's been on my mind for a while now."

Plagg snorts. "Oh, Adrien and his brilliant ideas. Probably wants another powerup to his super suit." He takes a huge bite out of a cheese wheel Master Fu gifted him.

I roll my eyes. "No, it's not a powerup. I want to take another miraculous and train someone to become a superhero."

Master Fu and Plagg stare at me with wide eyes.

"You want to... what?!"

I set the cup on the table, raising my arms in defense. "Hear me out first! Okay?"

Master Fu sighs. "Yes, Adrien. Go on."

"For the past few months, I have been going back and forth using the ladybug and cat miraculous. Cat Noir one week and the next Mister Bug. While it's been working to our benefit, I think adding a new superhero to the team will help. You won't tell me Carapace's and Rena Rouge's identities, and I'm not asking you to, but I think having someone else working with me to defeat Hawkmoth will bring his victory sooner rather than later. And then Ladybug can come back. Everyone's happy."

"You've given this a lot of thought, Adrien." Master Fu stands up and turns his back to me.

"I have, Master Fu."

Plagg burps and rolls on his side. "You should pick the horse miraculous, and then we can teleport to the mayor's hotel where we can raid all the cheese!" He snickers to himself, laughing.

"And you want to train someone, Adrien?" Master Fu asks. I nod. "This person you picked out, are you completely sure you can trust them?"

"Absolutely. I trust them. They are one hundred percent trustworthy." My girlfriend knows how to keep a secret. "Master Fu, and I wish you would give me an opportunity like you did with Ladybug. Let me prove myself."

Master Fu smiles. "I'm glad you're finally starting to see your worth, Adrien. I was worried for a second there." He turns around and brings the miracle box out of its hiding place, setting it plenty between us. He lifts the lids and many drawers open. Woah. This is my first time seeing the miracle box. "Adrien Agreste, choose a miraculous you believe will serve you best. Choose wisely. You cannot make a mistake."

I already know what I'm going to choose. "The mouse miraculous," I state proudly, reaching over to grab it. "That's the one. I'm sure."

"Adrien, are you certain?" Master Fu asks, confused. "I can assure you there are other miraculous with better powers, with better chances of defeating Hawkmoth."

"I'm sure."

"Alright. I have faith in you, Adrien." Master Fu closes the miracle box and puts it away. "So, tell me your plan of training this new superhero?"

"Well..." Honestly, I'd hadn't given that part of the plan so much thought. I just wanted Marinette and I to spend time together without being cramped in her room or on her balcony. Marinette being Multimouse will give us some freedom to actually do things as a couple. "I'd take them on patrol, just like I used to do with Ladybug, and I'd help them learn how to use their powers to its full extent. Don't worry. I won't let them keep the miraculous. I'll bring it back later tonight."

"I trust you, Adrien."

I bow my head at him. "Thank you, Master Fu. Come on, Plagg." Standing up, I turn to leave and turn back to say, "I won't let you down."