23- Amelie's Battle

Adrien's POV

The Next Morning

I haven't slept all night. With Felix still here, I stayed in Marinette's room in case that creep tried something again. I can't believe my cousin would do that to her. As far as I'm concerned, he's dead to me, and as soon as I convince my father to kick him out, I can live happily again. I climb off the couch from where we're sitting and walk over to the door. "My father should be awake now. I'm going to talk to him. Out of all the times he refuses to, I hope now he'll listen. Are you okay here by yourself?"

Marinette pauses the movie and nods. "Yeah, I'll be fine. I don't see Felix trying again, not if he wants to risk getting he and his mother kicked out."

"That's what I'm hoping for," I mutter as I close the door behind me. Aunt Amelie said Felix went on a run this morning and I check his room. He isn't back yet. I jog downstairs and find Nathalie standing in the foyer, typing something on her tablet. "Nathalie! Can you let my father know I need to speak with him?"

"Your father has a meeting with you aunt coming up," She says, glancing up at me. "It'll have to wait."

I cross my arms. "It can't. It's about Felix."

"Felix?" Nathalie questions. "What about him?"

"I would like my father to kick Felix out and send him home," I tell her, about to run in his office and tell my father myself.

Her eyes widen. "You do? Really?" She glances at the door and back at me. "What happened between you and your cousin?"

"Well, it was more like between Felix and Marinette," I correct and add, "Felix forced himself on Marinette and kissed her without her consent. He... was pretending to be me."

"I'll speak with your father, Adrien," Nathalie assures me as she slips in. I take in a deep breath, pacing back and forth, and the door opens again.

"Your father is ready to speak you, Adrien." Nathalie steps back and widens the door.

Gabriel's POV

Amelie has been driving my nerves up the wall with this new partnership she keeps speaking about. We've only discussed it once and after just one measly conversation, she flies herself to my house and invites herself over. With that annoying son of hers, no less. I have to find a way to kick them out without making it obvious I don't want them here. We're family after all, so the least I can do is be discreet about my true feelings.

The office door opens as Nathalie steps in. "Sir, your son would like a word with you. "Adrien is waiting out in the foyer."

"Tell him I'm busy, Nathalie," I mumble, rubbing my temple. "Amelie and Felix are giving me a headache. I have to figure out a way to get rid of them."

"Adrien says it's about Felix, sir." My ears perk at that. "He requests you send Felix home."

"Oh, really?" I whisper, turning to face her. "How perfect. Send Adrien in."

Nathalie opens the door. "Your father is ready to speak you, Adrien."

My son walks in. He looks surprised to be in here. "Hello, father," He greets as he pushes the door shut before facing me. "I need you to kick Felix out."

"Why? What happened?" I ask, absentmindedly tapping away on my computer. I can't do anything out of the ordinary. No one can question my behavior. "After Miss Dupain-Cheng's prank, shouldn't she be the one I'm kicking out?" Of course, it'd be dumb to do so.

"Marinette hasn't done anything wrong!" Adrien shouts, quickly coming to his classmates defense. "The prank was dumb, I'll admit, but we were just messing around. Having fun."