22- Old Habits Die Hard

Adrien's POV

"How does all of that have to do with fake-dating Marinette?" Felix asks, still confused about everything. Trust me, I am, too.

"Marinette didn't want to put her friends in danger by telling them what was going on, but since we were coming to school together every day, our classmates got suspicious and asked a bunch of questions. One day Marinette snapped and told everyone we were dating." I shrug at Felix's stare. "And it's been like that ever since. I think our three month anniversary is coming up," I joke, laughing.

The bathroom door opens and Marinette steps out. Her wet hair sits on her shoulders, staining her shirt. My heart flutters for a second and my cheeks burn red as Felix nudges me, raising an eyebrow with a smirk.

"What are you guys talking about?" She asks.

Felix stands up and starts playing with the basketball. "Adrien says your three-month anniversary is coming up." He makes a basket shot.

Marinette looks at me. "What...?"

"Felix is joking," I quickly tell her. I stand up and walk over. "I told him what's going on. With Hawkmoth and the fake dating."

She pouts. "Oh."

"Only because he caught on that we weren't really dating," I say, looking back at him as he shoots the basketball into the net. "My cousin's always been smart and sneaky like that."

"I've noticed," Marinette mutters, taking her spot back on the couch.

What's that smell? I sniff my shirt and gag. It's me. I knew keeping my cheese here for Plagg was a bad idea. "I'm going to take a shower real quick. No pranks while I'm gone!"

"No promises," Marinette and Felix mutter at the same time.

I close the bathroom door behind me.

"Finally, freedom!" Plagg cheers as he throws himself in my laundry hamper. "I can't get any cheese while those two cheese blockers are sitting in there and your stinky socks are the only thing I got to hold me over."

"Have fun," I tell him before jumping in the shower, in and out in five minutes. I change into clean clothes and brush my hair in the mirror.

As I walk out, I see Felix leaving the room, hiding something behind his back. "I'm going to get some orange juice," He says before slipping out the door.

"Are you two getting along?" I ask Marinette as I dry my hair with the towel.

"Actually, we are," She admits, surprised. "We just talked about video games and school."

"That's-" My phone rings and I answer it. "Yes, Nathalie?"

She coughs through the phone before saying, "Your father would like to see you in his office."

"Are you okay, Nathalie?"

"Yes, I'm fine, Adrien." She clears her throat. "But thank you for asking."

"Okay." I hang up and tuck my phone in my pocket. "I'll be right back, Marinette. My father needs to speak with me."

She nods. "Okay. I'll just... chill in here."

Marinette's POV

I scroll on my phone for a few minutes and the bedroom door opens. Adrien walks in. "That was a fast talk," I note, laughing. Usually the lectures with his father are longer.

"Yeah, my father is busy with Aunt Amelie and just wanted my opinion on something," He answers, climbing over the couch as he jumps and sits beside me. "Just some fashion stuff."