5- Unmasked

One Week Later

Gabriel's POV

I could have never planned for something more perfect than this. Ladybug gave me the ultimate plan right in the palm of my hand. That pesky bug is in a secret relationship with my son. That will most certainly be useful later.

Natalie steps in my office, tablet in hand. "How's the plan coming along, sir?"

"It's perfect, almost," I admit, turning to face her. "I just need one thing: you."

"Mayura is essential to the plan?" She asks.

I nod. "And my son. Do you know where he is?"

"Adrien's in his room practically the piano. I wouldn't doubt it if Ladybug make a surprise visit soon," Natalie says as she checks the security cameras. "No bug in sight yet, sir."

"Patience, Natalie." I look at my wife's portrait and smile. "When Ladybug gets here, she won't find Adrien in his room."

That superhero will finally fall for my trap and I'll get her miraculous. I don't care who I have to walk over or hurt to get them.

I will bring Emilie back.

Ladybug's POV

I need to talk to Adrien. I've kind of been avoiding having this conversation with him, but I can't keep waiting anymore. After everything that's happened over the past few days, I need him to know I don't blame him, that I'm not mad at him. It's hard going anywhere as Ladybug because people always follow and take pictures of me. There's no privacy. It's midnight, and the city is quiet as I swing from rooftop to rooftop to Adrien's place. I quietly land on the roof and I use my yo-yo to lower myself outside his window. It's perched open and I let myself in. It's dark; I can't see anything in his room. "Adrien?" I whisper in the dark. "Adrien, are you there?"

A bright light shines from the TV and I use my arm as a shield as it blinds me. The light fades and I blink to adjust to the room. Hawkmoth stares back at me.

I gasp as my eyes widen. "Hawkmoth?!"

"Ladybug," He snickers with a wicked grin. "I knew I'd find you here. I beat you to it. Missing something, or should I say someone?"

"What did you do with Adrien?" I shout, grabbing my yo-yo. The house is quiet, too quiet. "What did you do with Mr. Agreste and the rest?"

Hawkmoth laughs. "Don't worry, they're safe for now. But you know who isn't?" The screen splits and Adrien appears. He's tied against a water pipe.

I run over to the TV. "Adrien! Don't worry, I'm on my way!"

"No, Ladybug, don't come!" Adrien shouts, shaking his head. "It's a trap! It's a trap, Ladybug. I'll be okay. Just don't come-"

The video cuts off.

"No!" Tears pour down my face as I glare at Hawkmoth. "If you hurt him—"

"I'm a simple man, Ladybug, but I'm also a businessman." He raises his cane and points it at the camera. "Let's make a trade! Your earrings for the boy, safety guaranteed."

Of course that's what Hawkmoth wants. What am I supposed to do? I can't give him my miraculous, but I can't let Adrien get hurt. I'll just have to play along for now. "Alright, fine! Please don't hurt him. Where am I supposed to meet you?"

A map appears on the screen with coordinates and a red 'X'. X marks the spot. "There's an abandoned water park right outside of Paris. Near the back of the park, you'll see a warehouse. He's there. You have fifteen minutes to get here or Adrien drowns. Your time starts now." The screen turns black.