C h a p t e r [ 2 0 ]

Hey thanks so much for all the reviews and the birthday wishes :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY _starbucks_ [I know I'm 22 days late sorry]

Thank you Brigita Bryant, Emily and Sani R for your comments on the trailer.

Guys watch the trailer, its super cool.

Chapter [20]:

Allysa Castonova

         "They want Allysa Castonova."

         And suddenly all eyes were on me.

         Well isn't this awkward.

         People started whispering until Hailey coughed and got up, "Well she isn't a part of our pack anymore? Isn't she withdrawing? Although it pains me to say this I feel like we should give her up."

         I snorted. Don't bullshit me, all you want to do is save your skinny ass.

         Murmurs of agreement were heard. Ryder instantly stepped forward, raising his voice, "No!" He commanded. "She's not in our pack, you can't force us!" Someone else called out. Ryder narrowed his eyes at the back, let out a heavy sigh and then continued, "I will protect her. Whoever else that is willing to fight for her stay behind, the rest of you leave."

         Unsurprisingly almost everyone got up. I flinched. It hurt seeing many people were willing to see you die.

         "Beth, get up." Derek whispered. She remained unmoving except for her eyes flickering towards mine, and then glancing back up at him. "Shut up and sit down. I'm not leaving Ally, I mean Castonova to die." I smiled partially in disbelief in her direction. Benjy also remained sitting down much to Hailey's displeasure, but she left without him regardless.

         Our pack member's glares were directed to the door where some people were seen scurrying outside. They had never seen such cowardice. Luke cleared his throat and all eyes fell on him again. I suddenly remembered that it was me who was a target.

         He started again, "There's a reason my mother left all those years ago. Amongst many reasons such as the abuse received by John Clarks one of the primary reasons was she had been instructed to. By none other than the Moon Goddess. She was instructed to leave her to fend for herself and become stronger. We still don't know why but we believe that the Moon Goddess knows what she's doing.

         Allysa, here, is the daughter of the Moon Goddess. She was not born in the ordinary way. She was meant to bring great prosperity to any pack she belonged to. Which is why our pack has suddenly risen in standards. As long as she lives, the pack she's in prospers perhaps in riches or land or maybe just in general. But it seems as the rogues have figured this out."

         He drew in a deep breath. It seemed as if everyone had been holding in their breaths. Ryder fixed his eyes on me, unblinking and I looked down, unable to match the intensity his gaze held. "They want her for themselves. And I won't have that. So brace yourselves, it's probably going to end in war."

         What the...?

         Claire put her arm around my waist and said fiercely, "I'm a human but God damn it I will take a gun and shoot those bitches down for you." I felt dizzy. Too much information for my brain to process.