C h a p t e r [ 7 ]

A/N Note :

Insert excuses for not updating.

Insert my love for you.

Go on reading now.

Chapter [7]:

Unedited.

Humiliated.

         That’s an understatement to what I was feeling.Blinking rapidly, I let out a soft sigh as I tapped the counter impatiently. The barman approached me cautiously, wiped his brow with an old yellowish handkerchief and asked me, not  unkindly, ”You alright lass?” I nodded slightly and he gave me a sympathetic glace before handing me my drink. The blaring music around me was drowned out by my thoughts of self-pity and retrospection.  Depressing, I know.

          I stared at the brown liquid in my glass, before making up my mind and chugging down its contents shuddering at its revolting taste. After repeating this three more times, I felt myself go dizzy.

         Drinking made me forget, and even if it was for one night, it was perfect.

         I gave one of my most charming smiles to a handsome young man who had just walked in and watched him smile back. Didn’t you tell Ryder you will change for him? My wolf questioned. I just smiled in my drunken state.

         Screw Ryder Black.

         “Hey um wake up.” I opened my eyes to see the same guy from the club, naked beside me, his hands placed awkwardly on my shoulders. I shrugged them off. “Hi.” I said with no emotion and watched him flinch at my tone. “This was a mistake.” He continued. “I don’t mind being friends with you but well-“ He paused. “I’m just going through a bad time and let my emotions come over me.” I nodded agreeing with him, what was I thinking? I had a mate for Pete’s sake! He rejected you remember? That annoying voice at the back of my head quipped.

         “I’m glad we can agree on this.” I told him very honestly as he started dressing up. The guilt from my previous night started to seep in and I could almost hear Beth’s voice saying, ‘What a slut!’. “I’m Allysa.” He then grinned after seeing no emotion that may have hinted me of lying on my face and quipped. “I’m Jack.”

         “Cool.” Cool? Was that the best I could say? Gosh, I was really not used to having friends. He looked at me amused and said as he finally did his last button, ”Catch you later Allysa. Running late for a meeting.” He offered me one last warm smile before running out.

         Intriguing man, that one.

         I glanced at the clock. Fuck I missed school.

         Trying to enter the pack house discretely is hard work. And when you’re hated by everyone it’s even worse.

         “Oh my god you fucked someone last night didn’t you! That’s why you missed school!” I heard Hailey scream excited at the prospect of telling everyone this “gossip”. “I can smell him on you!”  A group of girls soon started crowding around Hailey and she looked smug to have them backing her up on every word. I ignored them and made my way to my room.

         That’s when I smelled him.

         His dark brooding eyes didn’t notice me at first. Then he looked up. Have you seen those movies where the guy and girl just lock eyes and communicate with emotions? That was kind of what happened. His eyes then flickered away from me to my hair and that moment was lost. His eyes then furrowed and I saw his nostrils flare. Great, he knew what I did last night.

         Why should I feel guilty though? I sincerely was going to change for him, if he has just accepted me. I thought for the first time I loved someone, I thought I knew how to be loved. But that was all a fucking joke to him. I could feel the tears building up inside me but yet still stared into his eyes determinedly trying to look indifferent. It was like a competition, to see who cared less. A competition he already won.

         I love him. Despite everything I wanted to throw myself at him and yearned for his touch.

        He didn’t love me back. It was time to accept it.

        I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

        “Ryder Black, I, Allysa Clarks, accept your rejection.”

           The tears finally fell.

A/N Note:

Hey guys ,how was that?

Hope it was okay :)

And yes i had to make her have sex with another guy :P She's not called a "slut" for nothing. But don't worry that will change :)

I hope the pace is okay. I didn’t want to be too fast and make them fall in love in the first 10 chapters so yeah.

Vote

Comment

Share

Fan

Thanks for your love and support.

Till laters,

Charlotte.