C h a p t e r [ 9 ]

Hey guys, I have decided.....to continue writing :)

For now.

.

.

.

.

Just kidding.

It's now #50 on the what's hot list! Keep voting for it to go higher! :)

Chapter [9]:

Unedited.

Crack.

The twigs broke under my feet and that small sound seemed much louder and reverberating in the stillness and morose silence. I had done it, I was in their territory.

I was surprised to see no wolf on duty or on the lookout for rogues, had they been expecting me? I shook my head concluding that my Alpha would have informed them of my arrival. I pushed the gate to the pack house hesitantly and made my way in, as quietly as possible. The biggest house symbolized the Alpha's house and surely the house that stood before me was fit for an Alpha. I knocked on the door thrice until finally a girl dressed in a maid's entire opened, nodded her head and let me in.

Whoa.

Cool House.

Latin words were engraved on the wall beside me, almost millions of inscriptions, some written in beautiful handwriting, some sprawled and unreadable. However in the middle of the wall were words written in bold.

"

Aeris supra me

Me terra deorsum

Ignis intra me

"

I didn't know much Latin but my wolf understood them. Air above me. Earth beneath me. And Fire within me. Her voice echoed in my head and for some reason that stuck.

"I see you like our wall."

I spun around quickly almost unbalancing myself and flushed. "Yes,...Sir." He was definitely Alpha Luke, his voice just oozed power and confidence, yet a humility I haven't seen in many. He smiled at my response and walked towards the wall and traced the bottom line 'Fire within me' with his fingers. "We believe that every human...well human is a loose term considering we're werewolves." He let out a short laugh and continued, "We believe every creature has that individuality, has unimaginable potential, so we made this our pack's motto to remind us of it."

Curious, and eager I opened my mouth again, "What about the rest of the inscriptions, are they too pack mottos?" He chuckled and said, "Not quite, this is what our heroes have said, their guidance and advice is for our pack. Perhaps one day, your words could be up there." He then looked at me with that 'I'm seeing your soul' glance. I looked down meekly and unsure of what to say. I wasn't a hero, not even close.

"Allysa?" A woman with greyish blue eyes just like mine entered the room and stood by the Alpha, letting his arm drape around her.

"Mother?"

"Yes! My baby you've grown- " She exclaimed joyfully, relief clearly evident in her eyes.

"So it is true?" I cut her off. "You really did leave my dad for another man who wasn't your mate. And here I thought dad was wrong. I thought he was the hideous one."