~•~Chapter Twenty~•~

~•Y/N POV•~

I quickly hurried my way downstairs to wait for Dream. Grabbing my small handbag off of the post at the bottom of the staircase. I could see Dream already stood at the door waiting, so I quickened my pace a little. Not a good idea. I suddenly slipped on some water, causing me to trip. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of the floor to hit, but it never came. Reopening my eyes, I noticed a tight embrace wrapped around my waist.

Suddenly, I looked up to see Dream, holding me up. I quickly looked back down to avoid making eye contact with the man I just embarrassed myself in front of,

“Thank you” I quickly mumbled in a small voice. To this, he let out a wheeze as he led me towards the door. I followed him out the door, a smile planted on my lips. Dream turned back around to lock the door, however he just stood there and stared at me for a few seconds.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer” I said with a now growing smirk.

“Oh, look who’s being all bold,” he said, “I was going to be kind but just you know, if you get cold in that crop top of yours, my hoodie is not yours” he retorted.

To this I let out a fake gasp, and put on a sad face, knowing very well that he’s joking.

“Come on, let’s get going so we get some time there!” He exclaimed, as we set off towards the beach.

~time skip to arriving at the beach~

“So, whatcha want to do?” Dream asked, turning to face me. My eyes lit up for a second, as I shouted,

“Last one in the sea is a stinky cabbage!”, throwing off my top and shorts to reveal a beautiful, F/C bathing suit, and ran towards the sea.

I was about to reach the water, I was swooped up off my feet.

“DREAM!” I squealed as he ran us further into the sea, causing me to shiver, “let me down!”.

Dream smirked, “if that’s what you say~” he said, submerging me under the water. I quickly swam back up, and gasped for air as I broke the waters surface, sulking.

“I did as you said, Princess~” he purred smugly, but his face suddenly changed from smug, to regret as he realised what he called me.

“Princess?” I giggled, “did you just call me Princess?” I asked.

“Well, I- uhhh, you know… sorry I shouldn’t have said that” he sighed, clearly flustered and embarrassed. A pang of guilt hit me as I realised him sudden change of mood.

“Wait Dream, it’s fine” I laughed, thinking about if I really wanted to say this, “if I’m going to be honest… I kind of like it” I muttered truthfully. His face lit up once again, as we carried on messing around in the water.

~time skip to later that day~

I sat down, leaning my head against Dream’s shoulder as we watched the stunning sunset appear over the sea. I looked over to him, to see him staring at me,

“Is something wrong?” I questioned, a little worried.

“No, no, I was just wondering if I could have a dance” he said with a wink as he pulled up a playlist on Spotify.