~•~Chapter Twenty one~•~

~•Y/N POV•~

We got up to start walking home due to it being dark out now, however, I started wondering if he was just joking about the girlfriend thing... I've been told many times before I'm not worth a penny, so maybe I'm getting too ahead of myself? Subconsciously, I was walking a little ahead, so I was caught by surprise when Dream suddenly grabbed my hand and whispered,

"Where do you think you're off to, Princess~" causing a shiver to be sent down my spine, and a deep shade of pink to rest upon my nose and cheeks. After a second or so, I tensed up as my previous trail of thoughts came flooding back to me.

~•Dream POV•~

Y/N started to noticeably tense up and shudder a little, as I started feeling a little concerned.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked in a caring tone to which Y/N simply stopped for a second in thought, but shook her head and turned so I couldn't see her face. My level of concern rose a little more,

"Princess, you know you can tell me anything... right? I just want to make sure you're okay" I said. No response. I didn't want to upset her more by continuing to go on and on about it, so I just let her to have her thoughts to herself.

~small time skip of a few minutes~

I heard a small croak come from beside me,

"Uhm Dream I was sort of just wondering... did you really mean it...?" She asked in a small voice. I suddenly stopped, worried that I had messed something up.

"Sorry? Did I say something rude or anything?" I questioned to the smaller girl.

"I mean when you asked me to be your girlfriend... did you really mean it?" She asked with an unsure tone to her voice. I froze and stared at her, putting my hand to her cheek to make her face me,

"Look I don't know who lied to you so many times for you to believe every compliment isn't true, but please, for my sake," I started, as a tear appeared in the corner of my eye and rolled down my cheek, "please just know you are so, so beautiful and I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend. Of course I meant what I asked, you mean so, so much to me, Princess" I finished with my voice wavering slightly at the end. It hurt me to see her so in doubt about this. She deserves so much but receives so little...

I felt an warm embrace wrap around my body. As I looked down at her small frame wrapped around me, a sob was heard from my shoulder. I brought my hand up to rub small circles onto her back which caused her to calm down more. She eventually moved her head up to look at me once again,

"Hey! There's the beauty!" I smiled, trying to brighten the mood.

"You're such an idiot" she giggled at the comment I made,

"Yeah but I'm your idiot" I replied with a smirk as I pulled her into another comforting hug and planted a kiss on the top of her head.

~time skip to back home~

We walked through the door, laughing together with the brightest smiles on our faces and a sparkle in our eyes as we swung our intertwined hands. Suddenly, what sounded like a stampede came thundering down the stairs,

"What's so funny!" George demanded as he and Sapnap pouted with a fake angry face. Me and Y/N turned to face each other, and then down at our hands almost perfectly in sync, as both our faces flushed red. The two must have caught on, as their eyes widened and they looked as though they had seen a ghost,

"What did we miss?!" Sapnap demanded, standing there in shock.

"Well... I finally got my shit together and asked her to be my girlfriend" I wheezed whilst Y/N's face just reddened even more.

"HAHA YOU OWE ME $50" George yelled as he faced Sapnap with his tongue stuck out.

"Oh come on! I thought you weren't ballsy enough to ask her out yet" Sapnap complained, pulling the $50 out of his wallet and passed it to George with a sulk on his face.

Y/N turned to me in confusion but then she said in a sinister tone,

"you betted on us getting together...?" clearly trying to scare the two, which must have worked well as George and Sap were now a stuttering mess, "wow, so you aren't scared of horror movies but you're scared of me, good to know" she stated smugly to which caused me to wheeze

"HEY! I never said I was scared of you!" The two shouted in sync, making me wheeze yet again.

"Well your faces say otherwise~" she said with a wink, and walked to the couch to watch a movie.

I went to follow her, but George and Sap pulled me back a bit to hype me up about getting a girlfriend.

They eventually let me follow after her, so I walked over to the couch,

"Can I join you for the movie?" I asked with a smile, as she returned the gesture and nodded, "want some snacks?" I asked, knowing very well what the answer will be. Her face lit up and she eagerly nodded her head. I quickly walked to the kitchen and grabbed some of F/D and F/F for the two of us, and hurried back to the living room.

As Y/N saw me, she made little grabby hands so I decided to tease her a little by passing her the food instead. She put on a sad face, and moved the food to the side, as a small smile showed through her act. Having decided I have done enough teasing, I sat down next to her to which she immediately cuddled up to me.

"Has anyone ever told you how cute you are?" I said softly with a chuckle. To this, she quickly buried her head into my hoodie to hide the blush that was beginning to show.

"Thank you" Y/N quietly mumbled, before grabbing the Tv remote and putting on home alone. I held her closer, and pulled a blanket over the two of us, whilst we snuggled down together.

a/n
Hiyaa! it's almost christmas! (in the story and in real life, haha). Hope you're all doing well and aren't having too many problems with Covid. Make sure to grab a drink and a snack, sit back and relax! Hope you are having a great day/ evening! Cyaaa!