~•~Chapter Twenty-Eight~•~

~•Y/N POV•~

I gasped a short sudden breath, as I awoke from my state of distress and discomfort; bolting myself to sit upwards but immediately I was struck by a pain in my chest. I winced a painful grunt, catching the attention of many people in white lab coats. They rushed to my side, without a second to spare upon asking bundles of questions.

My head was a muddle.

Pain pulsed through my veins.

Confusion grasped my soul.

But most of all,

A sense of discomfort and...

Fear?

A few seconds passed as I gathered where I was. Tubes and wires stuck out of her, all attached to different machinery. The holter monitor (heart monitor) beside me showed a steady, yet not perfect heart rate. Doctors and nurses rushed around, constantly trying to find the correct equipment. I led in the white bed, surrounded by white curtains, surrounded by white walls. The feeling of emptiness corrupted my mind, thoughts were rushing through my head at one hundred miles per hour.

Why am I here?

What happened?

How long have I been here?

Why does my chest burn?

Where's Dream?

Why is there a scar covering my chest?

What is going on?

Why can't I-

I stopped. One thought caught me most.

Where is Dream? My eyes widened at the realisation I had yet to see him pass by.

"Dream" I stated. That was the first thing I muttered since I awoke.

Panic.

Desperation.

Fear.

Trauma.

Everything rushed at me. I could not breathe. The walls were closing in as my vision deepened. I had to keep myself up. I cannot allow myself to pass out now.

I tossed myself up from the bed, rolling onto the floor, things clattering as they fell off the side. I grasped the small table beside me, ignoring the assistance from my doctors. With all my might I tried to get up but I couldn't. I just couldn't. Doctors were at my side, lifting me up as I demanded,

"Take me to Dream." I couldn't allow myself to be away from him, he must be worried. I'm worried. Is he okay?

The doctors gave in, finally accepting my demands and lifted me up onto the bed. They wheeled me past many doors. Many. We came across a sign that pointed left, towards the waiting room. My excitement and hope pulsed through my veins as we got nearer and nearer. We passed it. Confusion struck me once again. Why did we pass the waiting room? Wouldn't he be in there with George and Sapnap? Maybe there is a special waiting room.

No.

We led up to a room, covered by double doors. A sign covered them in large letters:

E M E R G E N C Y

O P E R A T I O N !

My eyes once again widened, I went light headed as panic kicked in.

"Why are we going there?" I asked timidly, my voice quavering as I spoke. No response. Just sorrowful looks of pain and sadness.

What has happened...?

My bed was pushed through the double doors, revealing another bed, the holter monitor (heart monitor) must not be needed as no readings came up. We edged our way closer to the man, to reveal Dream. Dream led on the bed, with a scar across his chest like mine.

His body looked stiff and peaceful.

But... he made no movements. No rising or falling came from his chest.

What? That can't be right?

I took one last look at the holter monitor, a much closer look this time.

A still green line threaded across the screen with no movement at all. None.

The realisation hit me like a bullet to the heart. I let out a pained scream, a scream of one that has been cruelly murdered. Tears pricked the corners of my eyes. Adrenaline pulsed through my veins. I dragged myself up from my bed and over to where he was led, slumping onto my knees on the floor with my head hung over his. I buried my head into Dream's cold, lifeless chest, gripping onto him, as if I could bring him back through my tight embrace,

I buried my head into Dream's cold, lifeless chest, gripping onto him, as if I could bring him back through my tight embrace,

"Dream..." I choked out through my sobs stifling a small, sad smile,
"you'll always be my idiot..." A tear dropped down onto his stone cold cheek,
"always".

The end

a/n
Hiyaaa! So that's the story! I am so sorry I killed off Dream.

!!! I WILL BE DOING AN EPILOGUE !!!

I have had this sort of idea planned out in my head for ages but I never knew how to lead up to it😂. If you couldn't tell, the emergency operation was a heart transplant. Dream sacrificed his life for Y/N. The things people are willing to do for true love🥲. Anyways, I really hope you have enjoyed the story! I appreciate that you took time out of your day to read this! It was my birthday yesterday so I am very grateful to all of you who read this. Stay tuned for the epilogue that I will post some time soon! Make sure to grab a drink and a snack, sit back and relax! Hope you are having a great day/ evening!
Thank you!
Cyaaa!