Icarus

Kiyotaka POV

" I didn't expect you to call me here, Ayanokoji." A voice called to me.

" Sit beside me, Chabashira-sensei." I said.

I heard her footsteps walking towards me.

And then she sat on the bench with me.

" So. You've lost against your father." She said with an emotionless tone.

" It seems so." I merely accepted that fact.

I was going to be expelled, after all.

The school had informed everyone in my class about it.

There was nothing I can do but accept the fact my freedom is over.

Who am I kidding.

I had no actual freedom in the first place.

This....

This school was an illusion....to cover up the fact that a person like me, will never experience freedom.

I'm done fighting for something fake.

" You know, ever since I lost. I thought about what you said to me during the first year." I said to her.

" What?" She asked.

" Icarus. You told me the story of Icarus, you compared me to Icarus. You said I'd fall and drown into the ocean just like Icarus." I said as I stared at nothing in particular.

" I have. It seems like I was right. I wished I was wrong." She chuckled to herself.

" I responded by telling you, that I was not as arrogant as Icarus. That I wouldn't fly to reach the sun. That I wouldn't risk getting more freedom than I already had." I said.

( I like his responses in anime version)

" Yes. I recall." She said.

" Despite your loss, your story is not the same as Icarus. You were never arrogant, you were always content with what you had. It was just a pitiful sick twist of fate. I'm sorry I was one of the factors that led to it. " she apologized sincerely.

" Nah, it's okay. But you weren't entirely wrong about Icarus and I. We both had experienced tragedy." I admitted.

She turned to me with a curious look, " Would you explain it further? I feel as if there is a deeper meaning to what you are saying."

" Of course." I nodded.

" Icarus's tragedy, was that he flown too close to the sun." I said before pausing.

And then I spoke again,

" My tragedy, was that I couldn't fly at all."

Even though I'd been given my wings.

Daedalus had shackled me to the ground......

I got this line in a dream I had last night.

I just remembered it after re-watching sae blackmail kiyo in the anime.

It was short but I felt like writing it.

SadisticPaimon, out~