Chapter Eight-We never did that

"This fish here, one pound fish." Emmett sang. He spun the wheelchair around until I was sick.
"Very, very good and very very cheap." I continued.
"ONE POUND FISH!" 

"Lol Emmett." I said. "Hey, can you wheel me back to my room and then go get me something to eat? Get me an ashtray too." Emmett opened the door and wheeled me out. He was actually very quiet. Too quiet.

"MOVE OUT THE WAY PEOPLE! I HAVE AN INJURED PERSON WITH ME!" He screamed. I knew he was too quiet for his own good.

"Emmett!" Said Grandpa, walking briskly down the hallway. "You must stay quiet in public places!"

"Yes Emmett, Indoor voice please." I giggled. 

Grandpa made Emmett leave to get me something to eat. "Smell ya later Em!" I shouted from my wheelchair. He waved back at me and I turned back around properly.

"Hey Grandpa, do you think Nanna hates me now?" I asked while he was wheeling me into his office. "Why would she Annie?" He asked. He was leaning against his big, wooden desk.

"Because I smoke, I drink, I'm not a virgin and I probably have done drugs, I don't know. She's so disappointed! She won't like me anymore and she'll like Renesmee more and everyone will turn against me and I'll have to kill myself!" I cried. He looked shocked.

"Don't look so surprised." I whispered. "I've tried before." I ducked my head down and started messing with my hair.

"I'm going to guess you didn't succeed." He said.

"Every time I tried I would think it was the easy was out. I was being as lazy as usual, finding the easy way to get out of things." I sighed. "Nanna Esme walked in on me once. I was after swallowing a bottle of pills. She knew there was something wrong with me. When she left, I passed out. I still wasn't dead. I don't think I can commit suicide. I've tried too many times and I've failed every time."

"If you committed suicide Annie, none of us would ever be the same again." He whispered. "I bet my parents would have such a celebration it would go down it history." I raised my eyebrow.

I could imagine it. Dancers, limbo polls, fire eaters... That would be a motherfucking celebration.

"Your parents do care about you." He put his hand through his light blond hair.

"In another dimension maybe." I muttered.

"The truth is Annie, you were always the rebellious child. The harder child. Ness was easy and never a trouble maker-"

"Because she's boring." I butted in.

"Because that's not her nature. Her life is already planned out for her. She'll probably grow up and marry Jake and then they'll be together forever. You're different, you could change your life a million times without anyone's permission."

I looked down at the needle in my arm. "That doesn't mean they had to remove me from their life." I sighed. I looked up at Grandpa waiting for his reply but his mouth stayed shut the whole time.
I heard another voice behind me.

"We never did that Amelia."