Chapter Fourteen- Red as a tomato

"Should I buy waterproof?" I asked.

"Yes, you should. You never know." Nanna smiled.

So far I had picked out 4 trays of eye shadow that had 200 colours in each, 2 new brush sets, 5 new huge blush trays, loads of foundation and I was currently debating what mascara and eyeliner to buy. "How many should I buy?" I asked.

"I'd say 5. If you do need more, I'll send some up to you." Nanna informed me. I picked up 5 water proof mascara's and placed them into the basket I was holding.

"Okay, I need eyeliner now." I said.

I walked up to the next counter and searched for my usual eyeliner choice. It was Ted Baker, my all time favourite. I picked up 5 black and 5 grey. I got 2 red ones for that just in-case moment of randomness.

"Do you seriously need that much make-up?" Nanna looked shocked at the amount of make-up in the basket.

"Of course I do!" I exclaimed. She started laughing and grabbed my hand to pull me up to the perfume part of the store.

"You're going to need deodorant and body spray. Do you want dry shampoo and perfume too?"

"Yeah, I'll need them. I'll need face masks too." I said popping everything into my basket.

"You have great skin Annie. You don't need that stuff." I turned around to face her.

"Have you seen the state of my skin! I have spots everywhere!" She pinched my cheeks and walked further down the aisle.

"Come on Annie, we have to get some other things too!" She shouted. I ran after her with my huge basket banging against my knee.

"Wait up!" I shouted. I finally reached her and I noticed were she was standing.

"Nanna, you don't need them because you ain't gonna get pregnant anytime soon." I stated. I know she hated talking about not being able to have kids. She usually talked to me about it and I would tell her that I was her daughter and I was all she needed. I was being self-centred but I am her daughter in all different ways.

She threw the box into the basket. "Blade might need them." She whispered.

I think I went the brightest shade of red possible. Oh my god, how embarrassing. I know that I talk to her about everything but still. 

"Okay, keep going." I said, trying to hide my tomato red face.

Five aisles later and another basket of different things and we were ready to pay.

I have to say the woman behind the counter gave me such a look when I walked up. Wasn't she supposed to smile and say 'Hello!' not groan at me and grab my basket. Maybe she was a zombie but then again zombie's can't be that rude, can they?

"I'm going to boarding school." I informed her.

"Why would you need these?" She asked holding up the box of condoms.

"I've a boyfriend." I smirked. Stupid cow. "What did you think I was going to do with them? Put them on my ears to keep me warm?" I said sarcastically.

"Now Annie don't talk like that." Nanna said. She was trying not to laugh, I could tell.

"That all comes to $154.38. I'm guessing you're using cash." She said smartly.

"Nope, credit card." I said. I fished the shiny red credit card out of my purse and handed it to her. She grunted and put it in the machine.

"Enter your pin please." She muttered. I typed in the four numbers and took my card out of the machine.

"Hope you have a nice day." She groaned.

"I hope you rot in hell bitch." I said quietly walking out.

"Well, wasn't she... eh... a person?" Nanna pointed out.

"Not a very nice one at all. You know what she needed to do? She needed to get that cash machine, cover it in butter and shove-"

"Annie!"