Chapter Twenty Three-Grand Theft Auto... Amelia style

"Quickly, grab a bag and fill it with money." I said. Ness pulled a small suitcase out of my wardrobe and began filling it with money that was hidden in a big jewellery box. We had money hidden all over the house, in-case we had to leave in emergencies

"What about our clothes?" She asked. I bit my bottom lip in thought.

"I have all my stuff packed for boarding school, we'll take them. You don't have any maternity clothes, no?" I asked.

"I was supposed to go shopping with Alice to get some." She frowned.

"We'll buy some, okay? We can buy some baby things too." I told her. She nodded her head and kept filling the bag.

"Do you think that's enough?" I asked her. "I'd say there's over fifty grand in here Amelia. We won't be gone that long." 

"Hopefully we won't." I muttered. "Go and pack the things you need. I'll get the passports and stuff."

She ran out of the room and down the hallway where her temporary room was. The cottage was being re-decorated so Ness had moved up here for a while. Our passports were hidden in the safe in my room. None of my family knew where they were hidden. As I opened the safe, I noticed the engagement ring lying at the back of it. Should I tell Blade I was leaving? Or would he look for me? Ness ran back into the room with her things. She only had a small bag.

"Ready?" I asked. Everybody had gone hunting so we had lots of time to escape. It wasn't the smartest idea to go hunting and leave the youngest people who could run away alone for a couple of hours.

"Yes." She breathed. We lifted the bags and ran down to garage to my Mini Cooper.
"Are we taking your car?" Ness asked. I looked over at Bella's blood red Ferrari. The Bitch didn't even drive it. I opened the back door and shoved everything in.

"Nope. Welcome to Grand Theft Auto." I smirked. "Amelia style."

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked. We had already made it to Seattle and it was becoming extremely dark. I hated driving in the dark.
"How about Grandma's?" Ness beamed.
"Um... Ness, I hate to burst your bubble but we're just after leaving Nanna's." I declared.
"No Annie! Mom's Mom. Her name's Reneé Dwyer. We could go to her." Ness spoke.

I thought about it for a moment.
"See how long it would take to get there." I said.
Ness pulled out her phone and five minutes later she got an answer.
"It's going to take us forty five hours from here." She read out.
"We need to find an airport." I murmured. "You need to go asleep Ness, you're exhausted and the last thing we need is you being put in hospital."
Nessie nodded her head and pulled a blanket from the back of the car and fell asleep.

Luckily the Ferrari was fast because I knew they would be getting worried now. It was four hours since we left. 

Hour one, they probably thought we had gone hunting ourselves.

Hour two, they probably thought we took Bella's car and drove to La Push.

Hour three, they probably rang Jake and found out we weren't there.

Hour four, they started looking for us.

I leaned over and tipped Nessie's arm.
"Did you call Jake?" I asked. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "No. Should I?" I thought about it for a moment. Jake was probably out looking for us with the entire family. 
"No. It's not safe. We need to ditch this car." I said out loud.
"Why don't we go to J.Jenks and leave it there? He's a family friend." Ness questioned. I nodded my head but Ness became aware of what she had said.

"He'll ring and tell Mom and Dad." She began to cry. "Then I'll have to give up my baby. I'll never see Jake again." 

I parked the car outside a small coffee shop. I reached out and took her hand in mine.
"Listen Ness, you'll never have to give up your baby. I won't let them, I promise." I soothed her and then took the keys out of the car. "C'mon, let's get something to eat."

"I'm not hungry." She stated angrily.

"Just get a coffee or something. I would recommend that you eat something, it could be a long drive." I told her. She glared at me but gave up.

"Trying to be Jane or something?" I chuckled. Ness giggled.

"Ouch! It hurts!" I pretended to be in pain.

"Stop it Annie. Let's get something to eat." She smiled.

******************************************************************************************************

Hello Beautiful Readers!

So I've gotten over 13,000 reads on this story so far and I just want to say thank you!

I need 5 comments and 10 votes for the next chapter :)

~Scarlett