spook ten ;; ☾

a/n : i lied abt starting it and trying to finish in an hour. i'm sorry. i meant to have this out earlier yesterday.

can u tell i cant write fight scenes for the life of me 😍😍😍 trying my damned hardest rn anyways enjoy the chapter! we getting y/n simping for sakura soon.

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

'i remember standing behind my brother as he faced off against supernaturals. i always knew he'd win. he looked so cool out there.

when he turned to look at me, he always had a caring smile on his face. i thought that smiling face was the same one he wore into battle too, but...'

as kou stared at him now, hatred burning in his eyes and a look of disgust evident on teru's face, the little exorcist couldn't help but doubt what he had thought about his brother all his life.

'is this... the face you were really making?' kou was bewildered at the glare he had fixed on the apparition behind him. 'nii chan...'

"he is a dangerous supernatural. im going to exorcise him right here and now." the older minamoto said coldly, pointing his sword towards the younger boys. he put on that kind and caring smile kou was so used to, looking at him. "so could you please get out of the way..?"

"n— no..." kou replied, holding his staff in front of him.

"oh, honestly." teru let out an exasperated sigh, taking his beaded bracelet off. in one swift flick of his wrist, the beads on the string rattled and lengthened. they wrapped around kou and he tugged, tightening the beads and leaving his little brother restrained. kou squirmed against the ground, unable to free himself.

'these beads! they're for binding supernaturals..!' kou thought, sweating. he snapped his head up as his older brother walked past him, dread swirling in his stomach.

"teru nii!!"

"you just aren't mature enough, kou." he looked over his shoulder at his little brother with his same gentle smile as he spoke, his tone lighthearted but his words weighing heavy on kou's heart. "no need to bother yourself with all these useless thoughts."

kou could only stare as he continued towards hanako, stopping right before the smaller boy and holding his sword to the ghost's neck.

"haven't seen you since yesterday, school mystery."

hanako stared up at him, fear hiding beneath mock confidence, and opened his mouth to yell.