spook seventeen ;; ☾

a/n : to the people reading this chapter rn: do you like this fic??? i'm using it as a means of improving my writing but i want to make sure it's actually- enjoyed? haha??

also, slight trigger warning- y/n just thinks stuff like "how could i keep living in this world" a couple times so not DIRECTLY suicidal thoughts but could definitely be read that way. just wanted to give a heads up, so if the beginning of this chapter will trigger you in any way i urge you to skip it!

happy reading ^^

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"forsake this unforgiving world, and spend the rest of your misfortunate days with me!"

you hesitantly let yourself fall still at his words, your struggling slowing to a stop. you allowed the shadowy hands to burn your skin, your eyes half lidded as you stared at the ground.

"do you understand?" tsukikage asked with a tilt of his head; it was almost an innocent action, a genuine question. "nobody in this world likes you. everybody looks down on you. even those you call your friends only stick around because they pity you- no, because they're scared of what might happen if they leave you."

you stayed silent, because how could you argue with what you'd been telling yourself all along?

"but with me... our companionship could be genuine. we understand each other, because we've lived through the same experiences. others flinch away from us, and they always will, no matter what streaks of bad luck we've broken; we've harmed, and been harmed. our actions stick with us forever."

how could you ever continue on after facing this truth- the truth you'd been trying to bury deep within yourself?

"we... have been better off alone for years." tsukikage murmured, and you weren't sure if he was directing his words at you anymore. there was a sadness in the glowing crimson that could've been called his eyes, shrouded by the clouds of smoke and shadow of his body. "but now we've met each other. so please, take my blood- we will be each others companions. we won't need anyone else."

how could you... continue living in this world?

you hung your head in defeat, holding out one of your hands. you felt the weight of the vial drop into your palm, swallowing nervously at what you were about to do.

'tsukikage is right. i will never be truly liked in this world.'

you popped the lid off of the vial of blood, raising the warm glass to your mouth.