spook twenty eight ;; ☾

a/n : if anyone is reading this, please comment here! i want to know if the chapters are notifying you guys- plus i do recommend rereading at least from this chapter on, as this is the starting point to where i'll be seriously changing things up.

and hey, if you're new here, consider giving me a follow so you can be notified by any messages i post? i might be doing that often, and i wanna make sure that anyone reading this has a chance to know abt them ^^

thanks for reading, and remember to vote!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"it's so nice to see you, yako san!"

you beamed as you greeted the woman. she leaned against one of the planters, watching you with narrowed green eyes.

"how are you?"

it seemed like yesterday that yako san had gone berserk- turning all those students into dolls in the meantime- but now she was back to her senses. you really enjoyed when yako was around; she was fun to talk to, though the two of you didn't interact too often. you had quizzed her on her favorite snack once, trying to think up a new rumor and find ways to make up for destroying her yorishiro.

now you occasionally brought a sweet-bean-jelly sandwich to her, resting it on the fourth step of her staircase and leaving before she had a chance to spot you.

"what do you need?" you asked, shoving your hands in your pockets as she strode towards you. suddenly, the woman flicked your forehead with a huff. "hey!"

"stop trying to get on my good side, brat!" yako hissed. you held your forehead, eyes tearing up at the stinging sensation.

"yako, what's your problem?" you wrinkled your nose, staring up at her.

"the rumor you're spreading! stop trying to make me feel bad!"

"rumor? you mean the new one i started?" you straightened your posture, blinking up at her. after destroying her yorishiro, you had had to create a new rumor; you decided to tell everyone to leave treats on the stairs, as doing so might bring them back together with a person they had grown distant with. "what? i thought you'd like it- you must've known i was asking for your favorite snack for some reason. besides, now you get good snacks and students get to reunite with old friends. everyone's happy."

'at least i thought they were...' you added scornfully to yourself, watching the woman in front of you stiffen. in a puff of smoke she became a fox, hopping onto your shoulder and biting at your head. you screamed, trying to tug her off.