spook fifty eight ;; ☾

a/n : please leave a comment and a vote! long chapter... hope that's okay!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"god damn it, god damn it!"

as you paced around the bathroom, swearing under your breath, hanako jumped off the windowsill to float beside you. he opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by the sound of the bathroom door being flung open.

"hanako, y/n nee san!" kou beamed, before frowning at the sight of you muttering curses. "uh... what's with her this time?"

hanako turned to face the little exorcist, furrowing his brow. "something about final exams?"

"finals?!" kou exclaimed, before mirroring your actions and clutching his own head. "oh, no! i forgot all about them!"

"me too!" you cried, reaching towards him. hanako glanced between the two of you, a confused look on his face.

"i mean, are tests really that important...?" he asked, hesitant. "you should be more worried about life and death right now..."

"this is life and death!" you retorted, shooting forward and grabbing the dark haired boy's shoulders. "i suck at the math they're teaching this year- and if i get even one poor score, my ass is grounded!" you groaned, ducking your head as your ears burned. "my summer vacation will be over before it even started, and... and i won't be able to come visit you!"

the seventh mystery's mouth opened wide in shock, and as he started to protest you turned away with a furrow of your brow.

"i've never failed a subject before, but... what if i do this time?! i don't want to go to remedial classes!" you wailed, clutching the chest of your uniform. "what if i fail all of them because i'm so nervous about my oncoming death, and everyone makes fun of me? or i have a heart attack drop dead right in the middle of my exam?! or- or...!"

"y/n nee san! please, calm down!" you heard kou fret, before feeling a cold hand grab your wrist.

you glanced over your shoulder to see hanako, staring at you with a serious expression as he spoke your name. you replied with an echo of his own, tipping your head. you wondered if he had a solution to your worries, anxiously awaiting for him to speak.

"study hard, okay?"

"...................okay."

kou cut in with a beam, his warm hand enveloping your free one with a series of furious nods. "and i'll help too, nee san!"