spook fifty seven ;; ☾

a/n : did the last chapter make you guys sad or do i have to do another blood sacrifice to gain writing skills

well if it did make you sad boy oh boy am i excited to post the ending in 20 or so chapters bc my best friend already berated me for it and said "why can't you just [redacted redacted redacted]" so i think you guys will like it :)

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"...hey, look. the moon is closer than it's ever been."

you and hanako lifted your heads to stare at the moon, pupils retracting as they caught the silver light. the two of you probably looked akin to owlets, you figured with a tiny smile- eyes wide, hair sticking up like stray feathers, a moonstruck expression gracing your features. you turned to look at the dark haired boy, gaze flicking down to your entwined hands.

'he wants me... to live.'

you blinked, legs trembling as you made a weak attempt to stand.

'...but we both know my fate is set in stone... isn't it?'

your thought was less of a question and more of a statement. you glanced down at the dark haired boy, your heart twisting painfully at the traces of tears still fresh on his face. after a few silent moments, you opened your mouth to speak.

"back when i destroyed his yorishiro, tsuchigomori sensei told me about the first time humankind set foot on the moon." you murmured softly, just barely loud enough to catch hanako's attention. "he said that everyone was hopeful... that anything seemed possible."

he gazed up at you as you straightened your spine, hoping your posture portrayed confidence.

"so, even if it seems impossible for you right now..." you started hesitantly. "...i'll take you to the moon. i'll help you through all of this- we can help each other. i know you're scared. that's why you did all this. i'm scared too, but..."

you trailed off, unsure how to continue. there was no "but." you were terrified for what the future held. he opened his mouth to respond, but all that came out was a raspy whisper of your name. you smiled softly, kneeling down beside him.

"it's time we go home now. to the real world." you told him. "i want to live my life to the fullest there, even if i only have a little bit of time left. you, nene, kou... i want to laugh with all of you, and complain about cleaning the stupid bathrooms with them, and..." your cheeks burned as you lowered your gaze, shyness washing over you. "...and i want to stay with you, just as we are now. so please..."