spook thirty three ;; ☾

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"...so? why are you bothering me with this?" tsuchigomori glanced up at the three in front of him with a puzzled tip of his head.

"because!" hanako shouted, slamming his fists on the desk. "it's been two hours since they took y/n, and i can't get into no. 3's boundary! these two and i even tried begging on hands and knees for no. 3 to let us in, but it didn't work! come on, isn't she the only student here that actually likes you?!"

"and kou and i have tried calling her separately, but she never got back to us..." nene murmured, running her fingers through her cream colored hair.

"please, spider-face!" kou cried, clasping his hands together in front of his face.

"still can't see how this is my problem." tsuchigomori yawned, tapping his fingers on his desk.

"please, tsuchigomori." hanako kun looked at the desk, furrowing his brow as his voice took on a more serious tone. "i... i can't let y/n get hurt. she's my assistant."

the dark haired boy wrung his hands together, gazing up at the fifth mystery with wide amber eyes.

"help us, tsuchigomori... won't you?"

the man sighed, bringing his cigarette stick to his mouth. after a few heartbeats, he started to speak.

"well... i do have an idea."

the teacher reached up on the shelf behind him, grabbing a white bundle perched on one of the shelves. the fluffy white creature snorted as its slumber was rudely interrupted, uncurling itself to reveal a drowsy yako. tsuchigomori tossed the little fox at hanako kun, who quickly caught her.

"...hmm?" yako hummed, her jaws stretching open in a yawn.

"no. 2? why?"

"hear me out. the seven mysteries' boundaries each govern over a certain aspect of the school." tsuchigomori explained. "my bookstacks manage 'records.' the clock keepers manage 'time.' and no. 2 manages 'space.' if you go through her boundary, you can get pretty much anywhere in the school."

"wha—?!"

"really?"

kou and nene let out gasps of amazement, looking down at the fox in hanako's arms. said boy gazed up at tsuchigomori, squinting.