spook fifty one ;; ☾

a/n : wouldn't it be funny if i just ended this fic like.

"okay hanako! im sold! i'm gonna go live with all the babes in this fake world!" "y/n wait this isn't supposed to happen"

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"and you are going to help me, shijima san."

said girl looked puzzled, before breaking into a smile.

"ah, you really startled me, but..." she slid her wrists out of your grasp with ease and straightened, grabbing your hand holding the palette knife and poking the tip. "please don't tell me you think you can threaten me with a palette knife. you can't even kill someone with this!"

you yanked your hand out of hers, fuming. "i've watched enough documentaries to know you can kill someone with literally anything if you try hard enough! and i'm not a fucking quitter!"

you thrust your hand through the bars, palette knife pointing forward, but your attack was quickly cut off by shijima san grabbing your wrist again.

"are you sure you want to leave this world?" she asked with furrowed brows. "if you go back to your own, your life will run out and you'll die very soon... remember?"

you breathed in shakily at her blunt words, narrowing your eyes.

"w-well, i don't know that!" you protested. "even if he said i'm gonna die, i just... it was so sudden. it doesn't feel real."

"what if it's true?" she hummed without a beat, leaning close to the bars of the cell. "what if your death is really just around the corner, and there's absolutely no way for you to avoid it? what then? would you still go back?"

you stayed silent, lowering your gaze as you fought back tears of frustration. shijima san's eyes widened, tipping her head.

"you're trembling. you're scared, aren't you?"

you looked back up at the brunette, shaking your head firmly.

"i... i'm not..." you wished your words would've come out a little stronger. "i'll find a way... i'll find a way to be alright. because i'm s—"

"still alive?" shijima san cut in, a foreign look on her face. "is that what you were going to say?"

you blinked at her, tipping your head as she continued to speak.