spook forty two ;; ☾

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

when you and nene got to school that fateful morning, the two of you discovered that hanako had become a human- and nobody seemed to think anything was out of the ordinary. what's more, kou kun said that the same thing was going on with mitsuba; he was passing as a normal student, with no comment from any of his classmates.

well... sure. of course you wanted everything to be back to how it was, but... you were finding it hard to hate what was going on.

the day passed without any issue, right up until the end of your last class.

"come on, y/n." amane breathed, pinning his hand beside your head. "you're crazy. why don't you wanna do it?"

"i... i already said no.." you stumbled over your words, squeezing your eyes shut in frustration.

"you just said you wanted to the other day." he muttered in a low voice, fixing his stern gaze on you. "come on, it'll be fun."

"no it won't! hmph, asking me out and then treating me like this..!?" you replied shakily, pressing your back against the wall. "nene chan was right, boys really are manipulative... i told you, i don't want to clean the pool!"

amane huffed angrily, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you towards the door of the classroom like you weighed nothing to him. a couple classmates shot some amused looks your way, chuckling softly as you struggled in his arms- though, their laughter wasn't mocking or cruel; it was humorous, genuine- a pleasant change from what you were used to.

"come on!"

"no!" you wailed, burying your face in your hands. "i already said i don't want to!"

"god, why are you so stubborn?! you said you'd help when i asked you!" he spat, furrowing his brow as he tightened his grip on you. you squirmed, wrinkling your nose as you were dragged into the hall.

"no way in hell!"

"you did, remember? they need a few volunteers from each class."

"they'll get on fine without me!"

"i'm telling you, we don't have enough people!" he groaned. "listen. yashiro san's there with akane san now, don't you want to hang out with your best friends?"

"...i guess so." you muttered under your breath before sighing, placing your feet on the floor.

'let's get this over with so we can go check out the tower.'